BOLO! SV Bella Dawn missing between Biscane and Bimini/Bahamas!

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Or if you ar usanian you havr these:

il_794xN.1299633854_a4cv.jpg

Tomfl

Guy is a turd face no way to sugar coat it.

When he left BKH his story was he was headed to Miami since he did not have a recent negative COVID test and once he got that he was headed to Bimini.  He also mentioned he was trying to beat a fast moving cold front rolling South; something that creates square waves in the Gulf Stream and as a rule shuts down crossing it.  Some how he missed not just Miami and Bimini but crossed the Tongue of the Ocean and straight to the Exumas without any required negative COVID test not to mention failing to check into the first POE he came to.  I saw a rumor he sailed south of Andros which is kinda no no unless you have mail boat WPs and even then is not the best idea.  Not to mention in addition to violating Bahamas law he also caused the BDF to waste time and money looking for him; same for the USCG wasting even more time and money looking for him.  He is likely facing fines for violation of the required negative COVID test as well as pissing off the BDF for his silly stunt.

As I mentioned in another post I just replaced my house battery bank while living on dirt in Tallahassee and there is talk by the pols there of more paperwork and insurance requirements since the USCG and FWC also spent time and money searching.

So this fucktard pulled a stupid stunt that caused lots of folks to worry, the USCG, BDF, and FWC to waste resources searching for him and created a ton of ill will in the Bahamas by violating their laws about entering the country and wasting the little money the BDF get.  I hope they refuse him entry and kick his sorry ass out of their country.

It would be a real pain in the ass if boats leaving the US were required to get a zarpa like document and have insurance to cover the hundreds of thousands of dollars a USCG search can cost.  Did I mention I think this guys is a fucktard and a turdface.

Pix of my new house bank for street cred.

seawindhousebank000.jpg

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Read the reviews.  While most are good a few point out they sometimes arrive DOA and have to be returned for ones that work.  I had a different set that was motion activated that simply did not worked but the next set did.
Hell I just bought a mid grade stylus for my shure v15 iv from a Japanese source, the thing sounded worse than my 8 year old jico SAS stylus so I hit return. Store in Japan said they would inspect it to make sure it was new and I said I would then have to set up my stylus inspection rig with dual lights and a microscope to ensure they didn't send me an old worn out stylus. They approved the return and sent a label immediately. The speed of commerce today is incredible. We bought a chrome Chinese luggage rack for an MGB like trunk application and it was astonishingly poorly made. We asked for a return and they just gave us the money back and told us to keep it. It went in the recycle.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
The inconvenient truth about mail order is the returns. Most do not go back in stock. Most go to the landfill. Clothing, a lot goes into containers and crosses oceans to be sold by the pound in TWC. And all of this is just using up diesel diesel diesel....

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Guy is a turd face no way to sugar coat it.

When he left BKH his story was he was headed to Miami since he did not have a recent negative COVID test and once he got that he was headed to Bimini.  He also mentioned he was trying to beat a fast moving cold front rolling South; something that creates square waves in the Gulf Stream and as a rule shuts down crossing it.  Some how he missed not just Miami and Bimini but crossed the Tongue of the Ocean and straight to the Exumas without any required negative COVID test not to mention failing to check into the first POE he came to.  I saw a rumor he sailed south of Andros which is kinda no no unless you have mail boat WPs and even then is not the best idea.  Not to mention in addition to violating Bahamas law he also caused the BDF to waste time and money looking for him; same for the USCG wasting even more time and money looking for him.  He is likely facing fines for violation of the required negative COVID test as well as pissing off the BDF for his silly stunt.

As I mentioned in another post I just replaced my house battery bank while living on dirt in Tallahassee and there is talk by the pols there of more paperwork and insurance requirements since the USCG and FWC also spent time and money searching.

So this fucktard pulled a stupid stunt that caused lots of folks to worry, the USCG, BDF, and FWC to waste resources searching for him and created a ton of ill will in the Bahamas by violating their laws about entering the country and wasting the little money the BDF get.  I hope they refuse him entry and kick his sorry ass out of their country.

It would be a real pain in the ass if boats leaving the US were required to get a zarpa like document and have insurance to cover the hundreds of thousands of dollars a USCG search can cost.  Did I mention I think this guys is a fucktard and a turdface.

This boob reminded me of a story from back in the 70's. I remembered it because it was the first incident of such galactic stupidity I ever heard about.

An elderly couple got lost, called for help and were rescued from a 50' Hatteras in the Stream.

They had been heading from Miami to the Bahamas using a gas station road map to navigate and got swept way north and out into the Atlantic.

Then there was the story of someone navigating from Cali to Hawaii by following the jet contrails. :rolleyes:

Of course our very own Rimas probably sets the standard for all this.

danstanford

Anarchist
Lake Ontario
This boob reminded me of a story from back in the 70's. I remembered it because it was the first incident of such galactic stupidity I ever heard about.

An elderly couple got lost, called for help and were rescued from a 50' Hatteras in the Stream.

They had been heading from Miami to the Bahamas using a gas station road map to navigate and got swept way north and out into the Atlantic.

Then there was the story of someone navigating from Cali to Hawaii by following the jet contrails. :rolleyes:

Of course our very own Rimas probably sets the standard for all this.
I love that, jet contrails...what could go wrong? 

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
And cheap small am radio's used as RDF units. Many departed the west coast planning to learn how to do celestial nav on the way.

I was in St Peter Port, Guernsey sometime in the 70s running RYA courses out of the Hamble. A young Irish family came alongside. The dad, with two young kids and a wife who obviously couldn’t sail, had left the east coast of Ireland, sailed down the Irish Sea, rounded Land’s End, crossed the channel and passed through the islands/rocks/tidal streams down to SPP. And he did it all with an AA British Isles road atlas.

I think my customers spent the rest of the week thinking I was over complicating things!

CovBoy

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
And cheap small am radio's used as RDF units. Many departed the west coast planning to learn how to do celestial nav on the way.
My little Sony was handy on transatlantics with a sextant 

the azores transmitter kept you from sailing past the island 

Latest posts