Bottom Paint replacement?

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
isn't that the basic principle behind intersleek and the like? I'm actually getting some of this stuff - I want to test it in a few choice locations. According to their website, the coating is resistant to salt water, but it is also most susceptible to abrasion. cool stuff though, especially if you like hammering in cement ;)

Oh, and it's also hella expensive at almost $550/gallon

Last edited by a moderator:

Savage 17

Super Anarchist
Lance did you order it yet? It might be something I want to try, but going to be horrible to remove if it doesn't work

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
Lance did you order it yet? It might be something I want to try, but going to be horrible to remove if it doesn't work
Nope, but I have plans to. I'm going to try it on a few things, including my rudder which has no antifoul on it right now, to see how it works. I'm also going to spray the bottom of my inflatable. I should be doing both projects in mid-march so I'll let you know how it goes.

Savage 17

Super Anarchist
I was thinking of using it for my rudder, but that is also only in the water for racing. I will have to put something on the VC Performance Epoxy that exists currently though.....

sailflat

Super Anarchist
From their web site it seems that they are marketing it as a marnine coating. Whatever that means.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
From their web site it seems that they are marketing it as a marnine coating. Whatever that means.
They are not marketing it as an anti fouling coating. I believe they intend it should be used above the waterline as anti corrosion protection. In addition, it has a very short useful life, when exposed to UV.
so below the waterline (wet sailed ) (ultra ever dry) what would you expect the longevity to be based upon your experience with various coatings?

Latest posts