Brain Trust Calls The Cops on Whale

genealex

Anarchist
Netherlands
Dad could've carried himself bit more like an adult, projecting a "Be cool, I got this, meanwhile experience this unique occasion " demeanor, instead of acting like an excited teenager. That being said, mom should hand in her phone until she doesn't freak out at every incident. Self-restraint seems to be an issue in that family.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
That stupid fucking bitch.

I don't give a toss that she called 911, she nearly killed/severely maimed those fuckin 'wheels' with the repeatedly trying to tun the engine on when they're under the boat, fuck her :angry:

The other clowns appear to have successfully chopped up the sunfish a bit, its got some chunks missing right near the end. (alternatively some other fuck already ran it over)

RobG

Super Anarchist
That stupid fucking bitch.

I don't give a toss that she called 911, she nearly killed/severely maimed those fuckin 'wheels' with the repeatedly trying to tun the engine on when they're under the boat, fuck her :angry:
Why do you think it was the woman trying to turn the engine on? At about 22 seconds there's a man saying "Frank, start the motor", then again at about 35 seconds "we're getting out of here",  then again at 52 seconds, then at 1:03 "let's get out of here" and so on. Then at around 1:20 while the woman is still on the phone the guy is saying "drive away, drive away right now". Toward the end the woman also says "drive away" while the guy is yelling "drive away faster".

But hey, let's hang shit on the woman, it must be her fault, right?

Frankly, I think she had the right idea. She felt threatened, so told someone where they were and that they may be in trouble. Better to have made the call and nothing come of it than be trying to make the call with a drowned phone while clinging to a capsized boat.

There are far more bad outcomes from people not reporting early than from those that do.

hoom

Super Anarchist
Orkland
Why do you think it was the woman trying to turn the engine on? At about 22 seconds there's a man saying "Frank, start the motor",
Yes you're right  :eek: just listened again & they did say that.

The way I interpreted it when I first heard it was that it was the lady on the engine & background was kids -> yes fuck the guy on the engine, he nearly killed/severely maimed those whales.

RobG

Super Anarchist
Yes you're right  :eek: just listened again & they did say that.

The way I interpreted it when I first heard it was that it was the lady on the engine & background was kids -> yes fuck the guy on the engine, he nearly killed/severely maimed those whales.
That's OK, I didn't mean to single you out.

I was more pissed at the usual SA anti–female message transmitted through it's front page articles:

1. One boat T bones another, clearly full of males, and the comment is "I guess that won’t buff out so quickly
  2. A woman calls 911 because she's quite rightly concerned by a whale immediately under the boat and the comment is "…this woman is why we hate most people."

Apparently the editors can't see an issue with that.

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
Ok I'll bite, if being Canadian isnt someone from Canada , whats it mean? Im actually curious not looking to start something.
Okay, though off topic!

If in Chicago, "code" for black people..., and used by whites living on the perimeter of Southside who refer more to "attitudinal" gangbanger black people, pushers and bullies! FWIW. 

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
I totally would’ve called the cops too. She did the right thing.  Whales oughta be banned!!!  Or at least fenced off from boaters just trying to have some fun on their limited weekend time off!

Baldur

Super Anarchist
And FYI, when I say Canadian, I do mean someone from Canada.

I've noticed if you are from Toronto I cant detect any accent. But if you are from BC, Saskatchewan or Alberta I can nail it well over 50% which province your from. The Maritimes are an easy one.