Brain Trust Calls The Cops on Whale

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
Dig. It's the fargin water buffs...

But then I get it wrong sometimes..spilt my cafe!

ruint.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Baldur

Super Anarchist
You have a very finely tuned ear.
My ex, from Victoria, didn't believe me either. I couldn't believe she couldn't hear when ppl sounded just like her. But I proved it to her over and over in bars, and public places in HK, Washington, Cali, Arizona, and even Mexico. Would ask her if she thought those guys were canadian, maybe even put in alberta or bc. In the beginning she would say, yeah right. Pretty soon she would just know I was right. 

Now, I dont believe I can hear the accent in every Canadian, no matter where they may be from, some of you I cant detect. And I'm always surprised when someone says they are from Toronto, because I havent detected anything.

I grew up in Whatcom County. My step mother is Canadian. Vancouver has always been my home away from home. So think its more a matter of exposure and paying attention.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Nope - you have a special ear - like a skilled musician.

I used to have extremely acute hearing - I could literally hear a dog whistle - but I could not do what you describe.

G

Look at the bright side, those whales were black and the cops didn't turn up and shoot them, race relations are at an all time high.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Now, having THIS kind of whale encounter might scare the poop out of some folks.  (Posted by a guy in a kayak who built a skin-on-frame Cape Falcon Kayaks boat.   Not that it matters the boat’s construction - being in this situation in *any* kind of kayak would be, well, “thought-provoking” :) )

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
Look at the bright side, those whales were black and the cops didn't turn up and shoot them, race relations are at an all time high.
Toad, that ain't the dreaded PC and, therefore, fun...

I have a couple friends from Toronto, or maybe Montreal, they say certain words in a certain way...might be "aboot" instead of "about" with phrasing, but did not pick that up with my acute hearing aids

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
1 minute ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Now having THIS kind of whale encounter might scare the poop out of some folks.  (Posted by a guy in a kayak who built a skin-on-frame Cape Falcon Kayaks boat.   Not that it matters the boat’s construction - being in this situation in *any* kind of kayak would be, well, “thought-provoking” :) )

"Thought provoking?" Not "kayak filling?" Great pic...in any case.

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
"Thought provoking?" Not "kayak filling?" Great pic...in any case.
 “Thought-provoking” is a great euphemism I read once - like if you’re rock climbing, there’s hundreds of feet of air below you, you need to make a move that’s tricky and then place gear (protection), you’re scared, but can’t afford to be - it’s, instead, a thoughtoprovoking situation :)

BTW that’s a short vid clip not a pic.  Whales suddenly pop up...

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
This is thought provoking kayak filling unction...just humor...

I do camera and I honestly don't know if I have the gones to get that close to a "feeding" anything, even frogs and a muttly I know very well.

Hot Curry.jpg

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
 “Thought-provoking” is a great euphemism I read once - like if you’re rock climbing, there’s hundreds of feet of air below you, you need to make a move that’s tricky and then place gear (protection), you’re scared, but can’t afford to be - it’s, instead, a thoughtoprovoking situation :)

BTW that’s a short vid clip not a pic.  Whales suddenly pop up...
Dig re the pic being a grab from a vid.

Egad! What if you paddled or sailed yourself midst a feeding pod? Jonah time?

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
My ex, from Victoria, didn't believe me either. I couldn't believe she couldn't hear when ppl sounded just like her. But I proved it to her over and over in bars, and public places in HK, Washington, Cali, Arizona, and even Mexico. Would ask her if she thought those guys were canadian, maybe even put in alberta or bc. In the beginning she would say, yeah right. Pretty soon she would just know I was right. 

Now, I dont believe I can hear the accent in every Canadian, no matter where they may be from, some of you I cant detect. And I'm always surprised when someone says they are from Toronto, because I havent detected anything.

I grew up in Whatcom County. My step mother is Canadian. Vancouver has always been my home away from home. So think its more a matter of exposure and paying attention.
how fucking hard is it?  every fucking sentence ends in....... eh!  

Latest posts