Brexit WTF, WTF

Jambalaya

Super Anarchist
Hamble / Paris
EU Membership Voting Intention:
Join: 46% (+1) Stay out: 36% (-1)
via @YouGov, 20-21 Sep (Changes with 5 Aug)

As no interest voters will not vote, I would say the will of the people should be followed and a new referendum...
No UK political party will dare to raise the issue. Even the Lib Dems with their "bollocks to Brexit" t-shirts have abandoned the issue

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
And both talked around the bush, the fact that Brexit support is crumbling significantly. Do not address why, that is not in Brexiteers play book.

Last edited:

Jambalaya

Super Anarchist
Hamble / Paris
LeoV opinion polls are just that and dreadfully unreliable. There isn't going to be another vote for the next many years its a dead issue. I would expect Leave to win again if there were to be another vote.

I am disappointed in Brexit delivery as I wanted "no deal" hence me still agitating for that, ie terminating current trade deal, A16 for protocol, withdrawing from PESCO etc etc

What LeoV doesn't get as he is totally besotted with Twitter feeds that only feed anti Brexit news, is that 95% of the UK population has moved on and is now far more worried about present current affairs, that of paying their bills over the winter, than to be worried about Brexit which is now way way way back in the past.

MiddayGun

Super Anarchist
Yorkshire
You can apply that statement to almost all politicians. Particularly Captain Hindsight Sir Kier Starmer

There are levels.
I'm used to politicians being evasive, but some are far worse than others.

And captain hindsight is also always used by the opposition, the Conservatives spent years blaming Labour for a global financial crash as well.

To be honest, I'm past caring who is in charge, I just wish someone would step up, show some competence & take control of the situation. I'm not just talking about policies, I'm talking about leadership.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
LeoV opinion polls are just that and dreadfully unreliable. There isn't going to be another vote for the next many years its a dead issue.

It is a fault line in British society, in culture, nationality, regions and between the generations. It is absolutely not a dead issue, nor is it fading away. But I agree that no political party sees mileage at present in picking at the festering scab that's been left.

The irony is the referendum was meant to heal the schism in the Conservative Party. That hasn't exactly worked out either. Divided nation and shattered party.

Love all the shots of cities and actors with the all American screenshots behind them. About the only person even willing to watch beyond minute two will be LeoV who will nod with agreement to the end.
You can mock (and no doubt will) but he's not wrong.

You are part of the problem, not part of the solution. I know that you are OK with that and I'm sure you care not a jot what I or anyone else thinks of you because of it. No more need be said.

You are part of the problem, not part of the solution. I know that you are OK with that and I'm sure you care not a jot what I or anyone else thinks of you because of it. No more need be said.
So how would you fix your "problem" with the UK economy that I personally have created ?

Do bare in mind further UK / EU integration is done and dusted for probably the next 20 years. Do also bare in mind the high inflation figures right across Europe, do bare in mind the huge borrowings of all Euro countries, do bare in mind the printing presses of ECB will come into play negatively if not sooner or later, do bare in mind the high and continuing cost to the world of Covid 19.

Lets have your solutions.

So how would you fix your "problem" with the UK economy that I personally have created ?

Do bare in mind further UK / EU integration is done and dusted for probably the next 20 years. Do also bare in mind the high inflation figures right across Europe, do bare in mind the huge borrowings of all Euro countries, do bare in mind the printing presses of ECB will come into play negatively if not sooner or later, do bare in mind the high and continuing cost to the world of Covid 19.

Lets have your solutions.

I'll keep it simple, to help the illiterate, don't vote for the Tories.
They've been in power for over a decade and the majority of the population are the poorer for it. "Coalition of Chaos" with Corbyn & Sturgeon? We could do with some of that.

As the average length of a parties power in the UK is around 12 years, then the electorates pain threshold was probably reached before the arrival in power of Boris, who gave a further Blair like kick to maintain it a further few years.

The Con MP's got exactly what they voted for. Truss was always their " failure " candidate to put up against Rishi much like Corbyn was with the Labour Party 2015 elections after the dimwit Millibands expiry of hot air. What they hadn't realised was just how out of touch the Westminster bubble was with the Tory members. Rishi was always a dead duck the minute he wandered onto a building site in £ 400.00 loffers after not being able to fill his car with petrol. If the muppets ( MP's ) had backed Mordaunt ( who is already on power building exercises ) rather than conspiring to prevent her reaching the last two, then the last few months may never have happened.

Wishing for a Coalition of Sturgeon and Corbyn, I guess it would have saved us a lot of pounds in not having to supply the Ukraine with our armaments but cost us an absolute fortune in becoming a bankrupt country even quicker than we are technically heading. Scotland is a pretty good example to the rest of the world in not what to do.

Not sure why you keep harking on about Scotland (maybe, as with your habitual references to "bar bills", it's symptomatic of some deep personal failing?). Satisfaction levels with the Scottish Government are looking a little better than with the UK one, though, so it looks like they are doing something right.
Seems pretty unlikely that Labour would have made more of a mess of country than the Tories have: even if they had somehow managed to damage the economy more, it seems a safe assumption that the beneficiaries of their spending would have been people that needed help, rather than millionaires and corporates.

As I said above, supporting these, um, candidates is your choice, and says more about you than anyone else can.

Not sure why you keep harking on about Scotland (maybe, as with your habitual references to "bar bills", it's symptomatic of some deep personal failing?). Satisfaction levels with the Scottish Government are looking a little better than with the UK one, though, so it looks like they are doing something right.
Polling in Scotland asking them if they are satisfied with we Nanny Nichola is like asking a Scotsman if he likes Whisky despite knowing it probably will shorten his life, make him poorer and has little benefit to his actual well being, the answer is going to be yes of course.

Heres some reading for you.

Such is the state of how awful the candidates are from all political parties in the UK, its tough supporting any of them. Having voted for 3 different parties in the past, maybe its time to vote for a 4th if ever a middle of the road party emerges wanting PR. I bet I'm not alone in thinking that.