Brexit WTF, WTF

Jambalaya

Super Anarchist
Hamble / Paris
Leo, I understand that you don’t like Brexit. I don’t understand your fixation with it or your apparent hatred of the British or your constant mockery of its politics.  The news in the Netherlands isn’t great:

Riots, soaring covid rates, curfew, allegations of torture against Balinese prisoners, hundreds of catering business closures, cost increases and delays to mink farmers and Shell leaving the country to set up base in the UK.

Maybe focus on this rather than throw stones?
That's the bizarre thing. He's Dutch why does he care at all ? He gets to remain part of the great political project to create a European Superstate, the best thing since sliced bread. He gets to look at the dire Remain campaign and can learn from that so as to never make the same mistakes should there be a similar vote in Holland. 

Meanwhile the police is his country are firing rounds at protestors.

Jambalaya

Super Anarchist
Hamble / Paris
So the French fisherman leading the port blockade had his licence application declined. Not surprising he is protesting.  

However.

He used to fish off channel islands 2014-2016 but he SOLD HIS BOAT. Licences/quota stay with the boat unless transferred to a new boat. He didn't do that.  

My favourite moment from the pointless blockades was seeing a Ferry from the Republic of Ireland unable to leave. Add this to fact that vast majority of Channel traffic is EU vehicles exporting EU goods. Personally I'm delighted to see less EU exports into the UK and all the fishermen are doing is proving EU is an unreliable source of goods

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
Brexiteers, always shooting the messenger...

‘Perfect storm’ for UK manufacturers as costs, credit and cash crunch looms.
Covid and Brexit is hitting the UK economy very hard as a third of manufacturers are close to ‘tipping point’
Remember Brexit Official Economist Patrick Milford predicted it would lead to the end of British manufacturing. https://buff.ly/2ZvKNzt
Eleven months into the year, Britons continue to think that Brexit is going badly.
Going well: 18%
Going badly: 52%
Neither: 20%
 https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic
Where are the Global Britain plans, they are so nimble now, problems should be solved in weeks, not 11 months in and no sign of them. Other then to blame all on the EU.

LeoV how did you deduce from the article in your favourite Left Wing tax dodging rag, the Guardian where about the only thing mentioned is the HGV drivers, which if our local DVLC had got their act together, would never have been the case, to everyyyyyyythinggggg is the fault of Brexit.

Make UK said the UK’s manufacturing sector was facing “an unprecedented combination of a post-Covid credit, cash and costs crunch”. It said the UK’s factories were struggling with the burden of repaying debts racked up to get them through the pandemic as well as grappling with a raft of other challenges from supply chain disruption to shortages of HGV drivers and energy costs.

To blaming Milford for getting it wrong when he along with the rest of the world was unaware of Covid occuring at some stage in the future.

To ask the question "is Brexit going badly" is such an open question as to be almost laughable.

Laser1

Super Anarchist
Westcountry
a Ferry from the Republic of Ireland unable to leave.
I honestly cannot see why you get a hard on from seeing an Irish Ferries vessel on the on the Dover/Calais route - registered in Limassol - being blockaded. Do you also get a hard on if a DFDS ferry on that same route is blockaded ?

Keep on popping the blue pills Jambo  :lol:  

LeoV

Super Anarchist
The Netherlands
https://www.cer.eu/insights/cost-brexit-september-2021

In September 2021, UK goods trade was 11.2 per cent, or £8.5 billion, lower than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU’s single market and customs union.

For many months the CER’s cost of Brexit model model has found that UK goods trade is between 11 and 16 per cent lower as a result of leaving the single market and customs union. Using the data for September 2021, the model puts the cost at 11.2 per cent. 

Last month, the UK’s fiscal watchdog, the Office of Budget Responsibility (OBR), asked me to update my cost of Brexit model with the August 2021 data for October’s ‘Economic and Fiscal Outlook’. The reduction in the UK’s total goods trade – imports plus exports with the EU and the rest of the world – was 15.8 per cent, compared to a modelled ‘doppelgänger UK’ that did not leave the single market and customs union in January. 

... Covid and Brexit is hitting the UK economy very hard ...

LeoV how did you deduce from the article in your favourite Left Wing tax dodging rag (gibberish removed for clarity) to everyyyyyyythinggggg is the fault of Brexit
 Wayne, if you're going to engage in online discussions you should learn to read and write, in English.

To ask the question "is Brexit going badly" is such an open question as to be almost laughable.
Perhaps you would highlight some area where it's going well?

Clueless.

Do you realise that your ongoing idiocy undermines your own message?
Jack you have such a distinctive writing style that what ever alias you want to hide under, you would soon stand out from the crowd, you just can't help yourself from being a Prat.

Mind you your use of the name of An Idiot sums you up perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whinging Pom

Super Anarchist
T'was the night before Christmas, and all through the nation, there was misery, poverty and great deprivation, some stockings were empty, some fridges were bare, the heating turned off, little money to spare.

Johnson was cosy, a-quaffing champagne, cognac and port so he’s feeling no pain, Stuffing his chops on goose flesh and gammon, caviar, stilton and the finest smoked salmon.

The homeless are shivering in cardboard containers, Ex-Servicemen, youngsters, both Leave and Remainers, the nurses and doctors all still searching for beds, With a shortage of staff, of money and meds.

The Mogg's singing carols with moguls and bankers, hedge funders, financiers and various wankers, admiring his baubles and pulling his crackers, rejoicing that he's got us all by the knackers.

Your Gran's in the corridor, still on the trolley While the Chancellor's counting the last of his lolly, And Grandad’s in pieces, stemming his tears, though they’ve paid their dues these past sixty years.

But hey, Gove’s on the sherry and is quite off his tits, while his missus is battered and doing the splits, And Drunken-Smith is a'singing along with the Pogues, With the rest of the mob and a few Russian rogues.

And the kids who are dreaming of gifts in the morning, Won’t get them - their benefits were stopped without warning, while those whose dosh is in off-shore accounts, Will be rubbing their hands as the grand total mounts.

And the Waspi woman alone in her kitchen, has long given up on Dancer and Blitzen, she was robbed of her pension, they don’t give a shite, That she’s freezing and hungry on Christmas Eve night.

And now, here’s the end of this so festive story, don't forget ... just stop voting Tory.

Original author unknown.

Sea warrior

Super Anarchist
Chicagoish
Slightly off topic but 

I want to give a shout out to La Shawna and the rest of the people of Barbados .

Well done!,,

Australia, New Zealand, Canada?

Its time to grow a pair and shake off the shackles of colonialism 

want to give a shout out to La Shawna and the rest of the people of Barbados
Middle income developing country no longer up for freebies, just found a new bar patron, China, guess we had better cut our ties with the old patron.

Unlike Australia which has cut its ties ( not by choice ) with China by simply criticising the patron. I guess Barbados will just have watch what it says.

Heres hoping NI will do the same and find the EU as the next patron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea warrior

Super Anarchist
Chicagoish
Middle income developing country no longer up for freebies, just found a new bar patron, China, guess we had better cut our ties with the old patron.

Unlike Australia which has cut its ties ( not by choice ) with China by simply criticising the patron. I guess Barbados will just have watch what it says.

Heres hoping NI will do the same and find the EU as the next patron.
I cannot for the life of me, especially knowing what we know about the atrocious behavior of past monarchies understand why we would allow much less glorify them.

In this day and age of woke madness with every body going around being offended by everything, how and why the fuck aren’t those inbreds canceled? 

The very notion of someone being my better merely by virtue of birth is offensive and repugnant to me and should be so to all rational thinking human beings.

I may have my equals and I may even have my betters but those fuckwiths aren’t amongst them.

LB 15

Cunt
16 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Slightly off topic but 

I want to give a shout out to La Shawna and the rest of the people of Barbados .

Well done!,,

Australia, New Zealand, Canada?

Its time to grow a pair and shake off the shackles of colonialism 

Can they still play cricket with the west indies?

Latest posts