Britain replaces a PM - the process unfolds with considerable alacrity

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
At the moment there are 11 - maybe two more to come - chancers throwing their hats into the ring.

The serving tory MPs - 358 of them - intend to get that down to two within ten days. First to go are those who get fewer than 20 nominations from MPs - last time it was 8 but the sifting has already started.

Lots will not make that threshold. So they will be thrown out sobbing.

The remaining ones should be subject to series of rapidly brutal votes throwing one out at a time until there are just two left standing.

The two finalists whose names will be put out to the 200,000 odd (many are literally odd) paid up members of the tory party -

However, When Mrs May got the job the MPs did fix and only put her name up - thereby diddling the nutters out of a choice.

All this is subject to rapid change depending upon the make-up of the 1922 committee which is in charge of the process

Dylan

PS - should you be interested in the relative merits of the parliamentary system as opposed to the presidential system here is a short paper from some Boston Academics - you constitution lovers might not like one or two passages.

and here is one of the more attractive candidates

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Today they announced that every contender has to have the backing of 20 MPs.

Nominations open and close Tuesday.

Voting on weds... anyone who gets less than 30 votes is out.

Last 2 in the ring by Tuesday week.

Then possibly to the 200,000 weirdos ... result 5 september

Although the MPS might do a stitch up and get one of the last 2 to drop out

Thereby cutting the weirdos out of the loop and a new PM by Tuesday

Boris might be packing his Teddy sooner rather than later

D

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
and here is one of the more attractive candidates

Do it properly Dylan. 49 years old BTW…..

7AD38034-3925-461F-8098-D0886E4412E8.jpeg

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
Lookers seem to be in vogue at the moment.

Worrying that a 49 year old politician wants to show off her body…… I can think of a male counterpart.

I prefer the Finnish/Estonian style.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Lookers seem to be in vogue at the moment.

Worrying that a 49 year old politician wants to show off her body…… I can think of a male counterpart.

I prefer the Finnish/Estonian style.

she was slimmer.... but she has been around all the tory constituencies doing after dinner speaking.... she has eaten a lot of coronation chicken and beef wellington. So she has garnered a lot of grass roots suport.

The shot was for a celebrity diving show. Hopefully she is an outsider. Ifg she is in the last two attempts will be made to get her to drop out .... otherwise a majority of the 200,000 weirtdos might vote her in.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Well, trying to show slightly elevated judgement, she does not have a vacuous expression, nor a dumb-n-mean look on her face. I say give her a try.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
The pace is quickening.

this morning labour are tabling a vote of no confidence.... the aim is to force the tories to put in a caretaker PM rather than have him hanging around showboating and fibbing all summer.

It is a bit of a gamble as the tories might close ranks to avoid an election or chucking Boris out... on the other hand it might force them to find a replacement PM by Tuesday.

The Boris teddy bear must be in and out of his school trunk like a jack in the box.

Meanwhile we have some clandestine meetings with Russian Oligarcs while he was foreign secretary that need "clarifying"......

Dylan

PS - I am greatly enjoying the snails pace demolition of Trumpism - It is like watching a spanial carefully eviscertating a rabbit carcase.

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
Caucasian Toff and tart back bonkers female gingertop in bid to stop the tax dodging Rishi Sunak - who Boris unwisely put in charge of all the money.

This is the former Boris lovers stop Sunak axis of the privileged

Last edited:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
The pace is quickening.

this morning labour are tabling a vote of no confidence.... the aim is to force the tories to put in a caretaker PM rather than have him hanging around showboating and fibbing all summer.

It is a bit of a gamble as the tories might close ranks to avoid an election or chucking Boris out... on the other hand it might force them to find a replacement PM by Tuesday.

The Boris teddy bear must be in and out of his school trunk like a jack in the box.

Meanwhile we have some clandestine meetings with Russian Oligarcs while he was foreign secretary that need "clarifying"......

Dylan

PS - I am greatly enjoying the snails pace demolition of Trumpism - It is like watching a spanial carefully eviscertating a rabbit carcase.
Don't you have a deputy PM inn Jolly Olde?

The Q

Super Anarchist
Yep but the deputy is appointed by the PM , if the PM falls so does the deputy, and the entire cabinet. When a new PM is appointed he / she appoints the whole new cabinet..
that's where the first round supporters come in, they'll be hoping to get a cabinet post for the favour.

Latest posts