Britain replaces a PM - the process unfolds with considerable alacrity

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
i had for awhile avoided making any thoughts on the new uk pm
however each and almost every time i see an interview
my opinion takes another step down
at present its sitting around a 2 faced lying sly bitch with more than a passing acquaintance with back stabbing
a veritable snake in the grass

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
I love you too.

I'm actually British, presently in California. Yes, I have lived and paid taxes and voted in the UK for many years. No, I have not met Ms. Truss face-to-face. I very much doubt that you have either. I have seen and heard her via TV and internet for several months, and have read much about her in the UK press. Hence I have an opinion.

I did get to know Margaret Thatcher quite well personally in the 70s, and I have an opinion about her too.

I respect your right to hold your own opinions, but it appears that I don't share them.

Good day to you.

And that, dear readers, is colloquially known as a bitch slap with a velvet glove.

And that, dear readers, is colloquially known as a bitch slap with a velvet glove.
Just pointing out that’s it’s ever so easy to be a computer armchair critic, putting in writing all your wildest accusations of being shallow and numpty and yet as he openly states, having never met the women and has only the vaguest connection by a minimum of reading on the internet.

Even worse is his historical adding in that once he had connections to the U.K. and even dropped a name from 40 years ago to substantiate his prowess. Talk about being a shallow numpty.

So two days in, a few raised eyebrows from the Rishi posh boys camp at being propelled out of the highlife and back onto the backbenches, a few media hacks eating humble pie from predicting that she would be a failure from day one at the dispatch box and Hindsight Keir having to adjust his style at PM's Question time to not offending every woman in the house.

So looks like she is going from the 10 year olds pre adolecent pundit screaches of "at present its sitting around a 2 faced lying sly bitch with more than a passing acquaintance with back stabbing a veritable snake in the grass" to actually bringing back a bit more of proper politics than we have been used to of late.

Last edited:

Dog 2.0

Super Anarchist
I'm reading this morning that the queen is sick and Charles has been called to her bedside. What's the word Dylan?

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
i had for awhile avoided making any thoughts on the new uk pm
however each and almost every time i see an interview
my opinion takes another step down
at present its sitting around a 2 faced lying sly bitch with more than a passing acquaintance with back stabbing
a veritable snake in the grass
So you're saying she's a politician?

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Just pointing out that’s it’s ever so easy to be a computer armchair critic, putting in writing all your wildest accusations of being shallow and numpty and yet as he openly states, having never met the women and has only the vaguest connection by a minimum of reading on the internet.

Even worse is his historical adding in that once he had connections to the U.K. and even dropped a name from 40 years ago to substantiate his prowess. Talk about being a shallow numpty.

Thanks for that.

So where do you get your information about Ms. truss? Speaker's Corner? Lunch at Number 10? Or did you have a little fondle of the lady like Mark Field?

Like 100% of everyone you get your information through the same channels as I do, so please don't be a complete git.

Were you at Eton with Boris? That seems a reasonable conclusion. Randy bugger, shags anything that walks. Must have been fun for you.

BTW, your assertion that Boris will create a new party and cruise to victory is laughable. Even if he manages to create a party, it won't be big enough to do anything except split the Conservative vote at the next Election, and hand victory for the next five years to the people that Private Eye calls the "smellysocks."

Then bang goes a lot of the juicy financial comforts to which you're so strongly addicted. Do you remember the Harold Wilson days?

Last edited:
Like 100% of everyone you get your information through the same channels as I do, so please don't be a complete git.
Ah but I don't openly opine that "She's a shallow, mediocre numpty" on the minimal information available on the internet.

Boris, where did that come into the conversation, talk about dig yourself even further down the hole in the corner of the latrine with your little insinuation of " fun for you "

Nope, never stated Boris cruising to victory. As Farage will testify, its almost impossible to break the 2 party system in the UK, despite Farage being probably equal to Boris as an electorate voting draw and in some ways being the character who has had the most effect on the UK of the two.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Ah but I don't openly opine that "She's a shallow, mediocre numpty" on the minimal information available on the internet.

Boris, where did that come into the conversation, talk about dig yourself even further down the hole in the corner of the latrine with your little insinuation of " fun for you "

Nope, never stated Boris cruising to victory. As Farage will testify, its almost impossible to break the 2 party system in the UK, despite Farage being probably equal to Boris as an electorate voting draw and in some ways being the character who has had the most effect on the UK of the two.

This is a direct quote from your post yesterday:

"So when Boris rides in on his chariot to rescue the middle classes at the next election, fronting a new party, there’s going to be an awful lot of you going WTF."

Put down the bong, and toddle off to the boozer at the corner for a couple of nice pints.

As the middle classes are a squeezed grouping and getting smaller by the day, the middle class vote is not going to win any election coming up anytime soon. As to heading off to the boozer, living in a rural area as I do, most are closed after 9.00 as the cliental are few and far between / and or closing up shop altogether due to cost of the electricity.

But I do have an award winning micro brewery locally which does particulalry good ales, I might just have a couple tonight reminiscing about how a twat called P_Wop seems to think that everyone in the UK are right wing Boris supporters and all English ladies are shallow and mediocre, after all thats what the internet tells him.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
As the middle classes are a squeezed grouping and getting smaller by the day, the middle class vote is not going to win any election coming up anytime soon. As to heading off to the boozer, living in a rural area as I do, most are closed after 9.00 as the cliental are few and far between / and or closing up shop altogether due to cost of the electricity.

But I do have an award winning micro brewery locally which does particulalry good ales, I might just have a couple tonight reminiscing about how a twat called P_Wop seems to think that everyone in the UK are right wing Boris supporters and all English ladies are shallow and mediocre, after all thats what the internet tells him.

You seem fond of making shit up to put in other people's mouths.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA

I'm delighted you have a good microbrewery. I have a nearby one too, serving fine pints like "London Calling" and "Mind the Gap." You need to visit the next time you're in the Bay Area. https://freewheelbrewing.com

'Originally we decided to brew in the British style, so it made a lot of sense to commission our brewery from a UK manufacturer. After a strong recommendation from the folks at Kelham Island Brewery in Sheffield, we contacted Vincent Johnson of Johnson Brewing Design. This guy knows a lot about beer and brewing, and once you can understand him (through that thick Northern accent), he is a mine of information. The 6 UK barrel brewery was manufactured in Bury, Lancashire (home of black pudding) in 2012 and Big V himself ventured over late in the year to weld in all the pipework and commission the brewery. Hence, the first brew was called “Big V Amber” which is now a staple at Freewheel.'

I think your skills at extrapolation are quite extraordinary. As Mark Twain once said, 'You can't make too much stew out of one oyster.' You'd be right at home here among the Trumpians and Oath Keepers.

You seem fond of making shit up to put in other people's mouths.
How so, you need to substantiate that.
I think your skills at extrapolation are quite extraordinary.
Really, you are a man who has labelled a woman he has never met, never spoken to and only ever watched a few edited clips on the internet, as a shallow mediocre numpty. Pot and kettle black at its extreme.

Something however I do agree with you on, she has not only been saddled with the short term thinking of the 3 previous prime ministers ( more like the previous 5 ) but you have to add in our useless Civil Service.

yehhh but
more of the trump style than the obama style
For ferk sake how can you compare her to Trump, she’s been in power 2 days. I guess that’s NZ speak for completely the opposite which Aunty Jacinda so eloquently displayed in her morning missive extolling the virtues of Queen Lizzie, when she is an arch Republican.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Really, you are a man who has labelled a woman he has never met, never spoken to and only ever watched a few edited clips on the internet, as a shallow mediocre numpty. Pot and kettle black at its extreme.
OK, so now we get to it.

When and where did you personally meet Ms. Truss? When and where did you personally speak with Ms. Truss? Have you ever watched her on the internet?

We're waiting, monsieur....

OK, so now we get to it.

When and where did you personally meet Ms. Truss? When and where did you personally speak with Ms. Truss? Have you ever watched her on the internet?

We're waiting, monsieur....
Never have personally met her, never probably will speak to her, have watched her political career on the media and unlike yourself, would never consider her to be a shallow numpty until I have a bit more close up knowledge. The difference between you and I it would seem, I would never make such derogatory statements, even if that’s from the anonymous comfort of hiding behind my computer screen, as you evidently seem happy to do so.

But I do suspect that she may have a bit more up top than you allude to and her wooden oratory skills hint. She after all is a graduate of Merton College, Oxford, has been a minister for nearly 10 years holding positions that have been first for a women, a minister under 3 PM’s, which takes some doing in our turbulent political times and according to my local MP a relatively safe but bland pair of hands, which is exactly what I want in these times.

For your education

Although not my first choice ( Wallace or Mordaunt ) the contest for PM was between a rather dull but evidently bright pair of hands or a hedgie who had stiffed 4.2M self employed who wears £420.00 loafers onto a building site who can’t even fill his car with petrol. No brainer in my view.