Brooklyn Ocean Challenge Cup

mlachance

105s don't plane, but surfing down waves is a real blast!

anyways here's a video

. Nothing spectacular happens during this clip - just trying to give non-sailing friends a taste of racing. I apologize for the quality - this is the first time using the movie feature of a digital camera and first time posting to youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else still feeling it from that race? My clock is all off. Fun race until the wind shit out one mile from the turning mark 1GI at Gardiners with 2 knots of current and less than 8 knots of breeze. Wish i could post our GPS track for the two hours it took us to go less tha a mile.

Randall Flagg

Anarchist
out east
Anyone else still feeling it from that race? My clock is all off. Fun race until the wind shit out one mile from the turning mark 1GI at Gardiners with 2 knots of current and less than 8 knots of breeze. Wish i could post our GPS track for the two hours it took us to go less tha a mile.
I think I was home in bed when the wind died.

Randall Flagg

Anarchist
out east
nice little video. who has video of the start?
You know, Barleycorn did 92 miles in less than 9 hours, and you guys did it in about 10 hours. You sailed a great race, and no video will how exciting and how much fun it was. If next year is half as good it will be a great night. Was it daylight when that boat was toasting their finish? It was pretty dark at 2am. Nice job Dark and Stormy!!! See you at the Whitebread?

mlachance

You know, Barleycorn did 92 miles in less than 9 hours, and you guys did it in about 10 hours. You sailed a great race, and no video will how exciting and how much fun it was. If next year is half as good it will be a great night. Was it daylight when that boat was toasting their finish? It was pretty dark at 2am. Nice job Dark and Stormy!!! See you at the Whitebread?
Whitebread sounds fun but DnS is heading to Larchmont on Fri for 3 weekends of OD racing

Harry Manko

Anarchist

Thanks for rubbing it in. We were doing all we could just to keep the boat from sinking during the upwind leg. Water coming in from the anchor locker was finding a way into the boat; it was sloshing around above the floorboards .

Not to take anything away from the others, but what a great job J-105s, Dark and Stormy and Buckaroo, did. And the same goes for the Lunatic Fringe. If one combines the two big classes they came out on top:

combined.jpg

Rail Meat

Super Anarchist
Mystic, CT

Thanks for rubbing it in. We were doing all we could just to keep the boat from sinking during the upwind leg. Water coming in from the anchor locker was finding a way into the boat; it was sloshing around above the floorboards .

Not to take anything away from the others, but what a great job J-105s, Dark and Stormy and Buckaroo, did. And the same goes for the Lunatic Fringe. If one combines the two big classes they came out on top:

View attachment 85280

The 105's rocked, 'specially Dark N Stormy. We were quite properly spanked..... ah well.

A very fun race, very fun time and really nice atmosphere. I highly recommend it for next year

footlong

Super Anarchist
Lawnguyland
Whitebread sounds fun but DnS is heading to Larchmont on Fri for 3 weekends of OD racing

I'll be racing against you at Manhasset, but the Whitebread (even though it's PHRF) is way better than the Gearbuster (if that's what you're doing).

Last edited by a moderator:

mlachance

See ya at Manhasset then. What's Gearbuster? Are you referring to the StormTrySail Intercollegiate regatta?