Brooklyn Ocean Challenge Cup

mlachance

Xploded kite reachin 28kt moonlight, possible new best boatspeed, 77sqm kite just as fast as class kite should changed kites @ 1BI, all had blast

Regatta Dog

Super Anarchist
Congrats Mike. If you hurry you can probably make the start of the Wellness Cup down in Branford. ;)

Nice to hear you've got your rumbrella open - raining like hell right now.

Well done, mate.

Randall Flagg

Anarchist
out east
Mike- Haven't seen the final results but the rumor on the dock is you did do it again. The raw finish times are posted on the greenportoceanrace.com website under media if you want to do your own math.. Check the twitter section.

Randall Flagg

Anarchist
out east
Congrats to Dark n Stormy for a great race. 2 years in a row winning a 90 mile ocean race is no easy feat. Both years with wind in the 20s. Do J105s plane? You bet they do. Look at the uncorrected finish times. You guys were flying!! Congrats also to the Mudheads for winning the team trophy. There were a lot more local boats than out of towners, but you guys brought some quality boats.

Rail Meat

Super Anarchist
Mystic, CT
Was it only me, or did the Olson 30 have it's running lights mounted on the stern?

Congrats to the D&S gang - nicely done. And congrats to Barley Corn for line honors. And I should not forget to thank all the folks in Greenport who put the race on - it was a fun one.

Regarding running lights, stern is pretty conventional location for IMOCA 60's, Class 40's and the 60 tris. Shorter wire runs means less weight, fewer hassles with getting the wires through the water tight bulkheads and they last longer when they are not spending all their time immersed in saltwater coming over the bow.

Dragon has her deck level lights at the stern, as does Cutlass. But it really only works in a boat that carries its width all the way aft, otherwise the mid station of the boat's beam will obscure some or all of the lights when facing the boat head on.

We were successful.
Enroute to Larchmont ETA 0600

I forgot - excellent on the water ancharchy, moheen!

Latest posts