Bulker leaving Vancouver Harbour

IMG_20190806_164930.jpg

IMG_20190806_164934.jpg

IMG_20190806_164939.jpg

IMG_20190806_165059.jpg

Norse Horse

Super Anarchist
The Rock
There goes Kerrisdale...those nasty trees blocking the view on Spanish Banks won't be a problem anymore either.

Wheat germ. More dangerous than you think.

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Not steam. Vancouver exports lots of bulk cargoes like sulphur, potash, wheat, soybeans (well not right now 'cause we detained a Huawei 2nd in command at behest of US).

So no liquid export cargoes that require steam on deck (why wouldn't you run the steam lines through a pipe tunnel?)

maybe a minor wheat dust explosion ?

Last edited by a moderator:

spankoka

Super Anarchist
As I understand it, the charges themselves are for bank fraud by NY state because her presentations assured bankers that they would not be in in violation of sanctions. 

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
My contractor saw it from West Van and got it on his phone camera.

He said there was a hell of a bang.

I've never seen or heard of anything like it in 48 years of living here. And that includes a grain elevator exploding from grain dust.

toddster

Super Anarchist
The Gorge
https://www.skuld.com/topics/cargo/solid-bulk/agricultural-cargoes/fumigation-and-ventilation-of-soybean-cargoes/

Fumigation of soybean cargo may be required because of insect infestation found at loading, compliance with contractual specifications, or to issue a phytosanitary inspection certification. Voyage times between countries where soybeans are grown and countries where soybeans are in demand, can range from three to six weeks. Rather than undertaking a lengthy fumigation at the port of origin, soybeans are normally fumigated on passage.

Aluminium phosphide, the most common in-transit fumigant, is a solid that reacts with moisture in the air to liberate phosphine.

So - nothing to worry about, because there wasn't a fire?  Um... let's have that picnic up-wind, eh?...

Latest posts