Buzzelli

Me and my boyfriend will be coming down with his Multi23. We are thinking of coming down a week before the race to sail and hang out, you guys have any suggestions of places to beach and chill or good spots with a sandbar to anchor at?

sugimoto

Does anyone need crew? I'll be there the Tues/Wed before and am debating extending my plane flight home. Mostly sail dinghies, about 900 hours on a Hobie 20, 4,000 hours split between Hobie 21/Hobie 18/Lasers/FJs/I14

Me and my boyfriend will be coming down with his Multi23. We are thinking of coming down a week before the race to sail and hang out, you guys have any suggestions of places to beach and chill or good spots with a sandbar to anchor at?
Just north of the Sarasota Sailing Squadron is a great sandbar for hanging out. just south is a waterfront park that the small cats will launch from. Sail south through the Ringling Bridge to Big Pass and you will find a nice beach at south Lido and the sandbars in the pass. I've done this regatta at least a dozen times and October is the absolute best month, weather-wise, to sail on the Gulf Coast - the water's still warm and there's a good offshore breeze. You'll find it hard to pack up your boat and go home...into winter.

Just north of the Sarasota Sailing Squadron is a great sandbar for hanging out. just south is a waterfront park that the small cats will launch from. Sail south through the Ringling Bridge to Big Pass and you will find a nice beach at south Lido and the sandbars in the pass. I've done this regatta at least a dozen times and October is the absolute best month, weather-wise, to sail on the Gulf Coast - the water's still warm and there's a good offshore breeze. You'll find it hard to pack up your boat and go home...into winter.

Cool thanks so much! Definitely looking forward to the warmth and the wind! And the racing!!!