BWR - LiveSkipper

scottmax

Super Anarchist
I believe I have lost the game. Like actually failed completely at LiveSkipper. I am currently in the middle Tasmania, got there while away for the holiday, and every time I come back I'm wrecked...

This happened to me as I was leaving the Med. As I only look at the game once or twice a day during normal working day it took me 3 days to work out that I had to sail in the opposite direction to get away from the land. It sux but there are still a truck load of people behind you, me included, working my way back up the fleet once more. I feel I will loose more places before the cook straight as have to go to a sailing regatta for 5 days and not sure if I could be bothered to get to a computor for this time. (how did I turn the letters to italic??)

This happened to me as I was leaving the Med. As I only look at the game once or twice a day during normal working day it took me 3 days to work out that I had to sail in the opposite direction to get away from the land. It sux but there are still a truck load of people behind you, me included, working my way back up the fleet once more. I feel I will loose more places before the cook straight as have to go to a sailing regatta for 5 days and not sure if I could be bothered to get to a computor for this time. (how did I turn the letters to italic??)
Yeah I worked my way out and am now back heading south of Tasmania to catch up with Cranky and friends. It looks like your letters went italic because instead of hitting Shift+i (for capital I) you hit Ctrl+i. If that didn't happen then :unsure:

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
well i went away for about a week and i have lost 1000 places and missed a gate by a shitload. i am directly south of the safety gate after ice gate b and have to sail back to ice gate b against the prevailing winds :( totally sucks and i am guessing i will be behind sk once i have gotten to the other side of ice gate b. NOT Happy.

jfr

y2k4 - A couple of degrees higher and you would have made it! I was just behind you and watched helplessly as you blew past the gate; there was a lot of wind at the time. Tough call for your routing: Stay south for wimpy downwind air, or head north for an upwind code zero bash.

As for me, I read this thread, then decided "why not" and started two weeks late, in Gibraltar, in the 3400's. Boat name jfr. I went west of you and sk in the South Atlantic, and now I'm cracking the 1900 mark, heading for the Safety Gate. Good thing I bribed/begged the IT guy at work to install flash on my machine (against company policy). I can catch the wind shifts now...

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
yeah i was trying to get south a bit out of the really light airs and into the heavier (it was expected to be like 3-5 knots stronger down south a bit from where i was!). that was on the 20th dec, then i went down to sydney and stayed with my gf expecting to come back up before the weekend, but alas, stayed down there for the whole week and didn't go near a computer whilst i was there! ahh well. i guess we will see how far i am behind when i pass the gate, have decided to stay as far south as i possibly can as i am able to use the kite back! now in 3100 :lol:

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
I was going fairly fast and got some decent miles happening then i hit this little hole that appearead out of nowhere so now im doing 9 knots upwind under code 0. :huh:

Swanno

Super Anarchist
THe good virtual yacht Syrenka should go through Cook Straight later tonight. I have managed to make up 120 places in the last week so I am happy

1480 at the moment, It seems as if a great number of yachts have hit New Zealand as a few boats just on the eastern side are in the 700's

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
well i am still a fair while from ice gate b and its showing that sailingkid is infront of me by 10 places, i am in 3385. i guess i will have someone to chase once i get past it considering the boats i was close to are waaaaaaay out in front and i think there have been times where i have been going no where as i have been only able to check my boat like once a week if that. at the moment im doing 3.4 knots in 3.6 knots of breeze heading upwind. this really really sucks and its punishing me, some times i just feel like not playing cause of this major stuff up, but i will keep on going. the worst thing is that i know that i won't be able to check my position for a few days (probably monday :( ) so i can't really set the kite as i may end up going upwind again.

Last edited by a moderator: