BWR - LiveSkipper

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
Yeah just click home and it says your ranking on the front page. I plan to go deep south in the southern ocean to make my way back up the fleet. I liked being 400th. :(

is anyone else stuck in the dead calm before gibraltar? it's not doing good things for my sanity.
Thank god for this fucking calm - so I didn´t wreck my ship on the african coastline while beeing off the computer for the last 8 hours ;-) Wind dropped down to 2,3 kns, still coming out 101. I set heading to 332 and will gype again when I am north of the strait for crossing the Gibraltar gate. Ranking up to 848

Prepere youself for a long trip throught the strait: No more wind on the other site right at the moment ....

yeah i know. 2 nights ago i was worried that i'd run into spain in the middle of the night....but i havent gotten there yet and it's been like 36 hrs. and i just wrecked again. what do you do when you get wrecked? just like start sailing again or is there any way you can "fix" it?

Last edited by a moderator:

tri

Melbourne
when you are wrecked.... (3 times in last day and half) when you open the navigation / playing screen it will ask you to hit the any screen to start again.... then change your direction and you should be good to go....

faijai

south coast
also "sailing", strangely enough ,called faijai. up to 235 . Started a day late. So it is possible to get back. You just have to sit at the computer a lot. No breeze off the coast of Africa but even less out west. Bugs are slowly being eliminated , got to say it is addictive.Only 80 days to go. Not sure my bladder is up to it :lol:

luminary

Anarchist
I thought that the weather was updated every 3 hrs - set course after the update and should be good for three hours. But I've come back to sheets flapping as breeze rotates. Anyone have the skinny on how often or what tiggers the weather updates?

faijai

south coast
I thought that the weather was updated every 3 hrs - set course after the update and should be good for three hours. But I've come back to sheets flapping as breeze rotates. Anyone have the skinny on how often or what tiggers the weather updates?

As I understand it . The grib is updated every 3 hours(0000,0300,etc). However they have increased the resolution of the model (noaa gribs) so if within that time you move into a different section , the wind changes correspondingly. Keeps you on your toes! Hope that is a help

dougreynolds10

How come I can't see any of you on my map? I joined the race 2 days ago and I'm ranked 1971 and I'm about to pass through Gibraltar. My boat is 172963 let me know if you guys see me on the map

faijai

south coast
How come I can't see any of you on my map? I joined the race 2 days ago and I'm ranked 1971 and I'm about to pass through Gibraltar. My boat is 172963 let me know if you guys see me on the map

They are working on it! Just updated the program so the leaders and a random bunch of others are shown. They are a lot of requests out there for them to program in an ability to see a specific boat. As it would enhance the game I am sure they will get around to it. Good luck around Gib. don't expect any time off .Look forward to" Seeing' you

scottmax

Super Anarchist
9 days and a great deal of getting "wrecked" I am finally free of the mediteranian. I left the Med in 1609 position but that is an improvement from 1860 position at my worst.

Not to keen on the graphics for this game makes it hard to see where you are headed to. Many times I thought I had a course clear though the straight but to only end up "wrecked".

I do not get to check my boat more often than a once or twice a day so this made things a little challenging.

Well I am through now and we will see how many place I can make up in the next 100 or so days.

Next challenge the canaries in about 5 days.

faijai

south coast
Im about 1444th or something now but im into ocean with space all around me! i had a horrible time around gilbratar and hit the land twice. :( :blink:

I started the day at 271(yippee) ended it at 400. I think I am going to have to quit working. Can't leave the boats too long . There are a lot of people out there biting at your heels! By the way , reading the forums, the posters have figured out that the race has been set in m/s not knots. We will all be going faster soon.

ColinG

Super Anarchist
Sydney, AUS
Thought I'd give you bastards a start.

Clocked on about 6 hours ago at 3100+.

currently 2873

sitting in a light SW breeze making for somewhere on the spanish coast about 200kn from Gibraltar

What happens to the wind through the day in this area? Does it swing in any prevalent diretion?

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
But at least none of you got sabotaged! <_< I just discovered there is no wind near africa so im drifting back to the middle of the bay of biscay(i think) to try and pick up some favourable winds and put as much distance between my brother and me as he is stuck in the spain/africa gap and im still sailing(just)! :unsure:

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
well i got through gilbratar ok, only wrecked 2 or 3 times in the med, now am 1459 (i just caught up 12 places in 10mins), theres about 100 boats between me and what appears to be the next boat infront of me (couilledours) and there is 46 boats between me and the boat that is displayed next behind me (sydney) so there are a shitload of competitors in my area.

doing 5.9 or so in 2.1 breeze is good i think.

ColinG

Super Anarchist
Sydney, AUS
well i got through gilbratar ok, only wrecked 2 or 3 times in the med, now am 1459 (i just caught up 12 places in 10mins), theres about 100 boats between me and what appears to be the next boat infront of me (couilledours) and there is 46 boats between me and the boat that is displayed next behind me (sydney) so there are a shitload of competitors in my area.doing 5.9 or so in 2.1 breeze is good i think.
Glad to see there is no breeze

doing 7.9, so will catch you in about 15 days!