BWR - LiveSkipper

Skalpel

Australia
Hi,

I'm sailing as skalpel.

Caught up 110 places today. :)

Log on every few hours.

Noticed that some virtual boats have nearly caught the real boats.

But it has made wonder what drives the real sailors.

We set a course and then go to sleep.

They are sailing 24/7.

Hats off to them.

skalpel

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
sir, it sounds like we have ourselves a race seeing as im right near you(within 20 spots)But my game wont load at the moment so maybe not. :huh:
damn it sucks when your not able to get online for a few days and your boat is wrecked. was back at like 2699 or something crawling my way back to 2676. i haven't got thru the canary islands yet because of my shipwreck for i don't know how long, i am guessing a few days. damn that really sucked now doing like 9.3 knots upwind with code 0 up.

well if theres anyone around my spot some competition would be helpful.

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
Does anyone know which side of the Fenaldo de Norha gate we have to go through? Or do we go stright throught the middle in the little red gate betwweeen the 2 big ones? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

scottmax

Super Anarchist
1297 this morning. Still clawing my way back. It would be a nice goal to get into the top 1000. Long way to go and I am sure a truck load of people will pull out so this should be acheivable. Just need to stay away from the coast lines.

ColinG

Super Anarchist
Sydney, AUS
1752 and climbing

Went out to sea overnight to try to keep a decent wind angle

Currently 30kts on 190deg

Will probably go east of Cape Verde

Does anyone know which side of the Fenaldo de Norha gate we have to go through? Or do we go stright throught the middle in the little red gate betwweeen the 2 big ones? :huh:
I'm pretty sure it's the middle one (and the left for coming back up). I think the red name signifies that it's the next checkpoint and the red gate is the one we're supposed to go through

DOLDRUMS HERE I COME!!! 824th and climbing...slowly. hopefully i'll be able to keep trucking along a straight line till I wake up tomorrow.

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
mmm i hate work, missed sailed past almost past the canary islands at 31 knots its so not fair. but hey i gained like 100+ places as well so i guess we will see how i go. i don't like this work stuff it stops me from getting through gates and stuff. uhh ohh i am goin on a holiday on thurs to qld till the sunday, hopefully i will make it through the canary islands and i might be able to set and forget it for those days as i wont be able to get online till sunday night :(

mmm

i guess ill see how i go.

faijai

south coast
I'm pretty sure it's the middle one (and the left for coming back up). I think the red name signifies that it's the next checkpoint and the red gate is the one we're supposed to go through

It IS the middle red one. The organisers kindly coloured it for us. Too bad if you are colour blind. Only 79 days to go(maybe longer)

ColinG

Super Anarchist
Sydney, AUS

It IS the middle red one. The organisers kindly coloured it for us. Too bad if you are colour blind. Only 79 days to go(maybe longer)
Probably longer with the new polars :(

1604 at last check and climbing. Hoping the wind will turn more easterly so I can head for the gate.

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
ok so my estimate of 100 places every 3 hrs has stopped, now passing about 70 boats per 12 hrs which is pretty damn good still considering i am going to work every day and sleeping.

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
mmm lets see how long my boat can be left without being touched. guess we will see how long i can leave it without it getting wrecked. back on sunday to see how many places i've gained or lost. atm in 2427.

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
i lost 100 spots due to a storm and lightning power surgeing the electricity and recking my computer which now works again :blink: and me not being able to bear away. I say ill be out of the doldrums soon and kite reaching my way to the gate. B)

scottmax

Super Anarchist
I am trying to make a list of all of the anarcist sailing in this thing so far I have

Smack

emu16

Sailingkid

bobcheese5

Dramling

Yachtie2k4

www.sailinganarchy.de

faijai

Msafiri

Skapel

When People have not mentioned their boat name I have assumed that they are using their SA name. If this is not correct let us all know.

I am trying to create a race within a race so we can all keep track of each other.