BWR - LiveSkipper

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
This darn game is pretty addicting.
I wasn't going to enter...then started 5 days late (Nov 16) in order to talk someone through it over the phone. Now I'm hooked. Made it up to 585 so far.

So far it's definitely easier than doing it for real... :lol:
hey haji,

whats your boats name in it?

scottmax

Super Anarchist
I'm drunk and just wondering how many of the player are checking their boat more than twice a day? And how many are using more information than is provided by the web site host?

Fess up all of you serious players :ph34r: :ph34r:

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
I'm surprised no one has guessed... :lol:
Now in top 100 despite starting so late.
lol, i tried haji, oceanplanet and ocean planet and it came up with nothing.

i loved sailingkids covering of me, but it didn't really work and i have slipped past him ha ha ha!!! im 2268 he's 2272.

i check it as much as i can, so if im home and on the net i will be checking it every 10mins or so but i don't let it stop me from sleeping or working. i only use the data that is shown in the window. i did try to find out how to utilise the GRIBS but it was a bit complex for me and you need to have a program that converts the GRIBS file into something that you can use, well thats how i understand it.

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
You should have tried my name spelled backwards. In any case I've given up placings to get better positioned for the upcoming blow.

You might try the free grib viewer you can get on www.grib.us, or spring for Ocens' Grib Explorer (my fav) for viewing weather files. You can get free gribs on grib.us, but the files are pretty big. I also use Ocens Weathernet to get gribs or whatever, it's a great tool for getting every kind of weather info on earth. Not free, unless you are a dealer... ;)

Haji

Super Anarchist
Woolwich, Maine
i just tried ijah and it didn't work :( thanks for the info about the gribs files.

cheers

rob
Try my REAL name!

Regarding the weather on LS, there seems to be a lag in between the time that the GFS data is supposed to happen and when they actually start using it on the site. But at least the relative wind differences between one area and another is generally close enough....for a game.

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
I should be up in 400th still had my brother not sabotaged me, but im now 4 spots ahead of yachtie2k4, who said that my attempted covering hadent worked. <_< I think im acctually apreaching the douldrums now. :angry:

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
umm have you looked at where i am in relation to you? sorry but i am a fair way to the south of where you are so you aren't really covering me, if you hadn't have tacked a while ago, you would be a fair bit further infront of where you are now. considering my boat was on the beach for 6 days (and not being able to utilize the new polars, that allowed us to do 30-40 knots, that were being used at that stage because of my beached boat) and im back up with you im doin pretty damn good

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
im up to 2248th how bout you? We have both had bad things happen to us, and we are just about dead even now. my covereing attempt may not have been awfully sucsessful but you didnt slip through to leeward. I wanted this to happen so the race would be better ;)

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
as long as you pass part on your starboard side you're fine. i posted a image of what ways you can pass it. mmm my tactic didn't work, and i must have got stuck at .5 knots for a while cause i swear i was in almost the same position as i am now at like 6am this morning!!

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
Currenly 2219th andi ive just tacked on this MASSIVE knock and im hoping to tack underneath yachtie2k4 and leebow him, or clear you and tack on top of you to give you bad air, if that applys when there is 50nm or so between the boats. :huh: