BWR - LiveSkipper

Kalumder

Hamble, UK
Some people have no life! Since the Fernando de Noronha gates I feel down from 9th to 690 at the gate of S. Africa.

At least I am back up to 675....

Dont these leaders have work, sleep, buisness trips etc? Oh well at least I am faster than Temenos II. And I am flying SOLO.

they probably don't. did you read that interview with the guy who won gibraltar? he got up like 3+ times during the nights to check on his boat. so unnecessary. except for MAYBE when you're about to go through the gate and don't want to wreck (like on the cook strait coming up soon)

well i'm still climbing and sit just outside the top 1000 hopefully as the leaders get out of the southern ocean and slow down i'll still have all the speed from the high winds and can close the gap. long way off though

Knothead

USA
they probably don't. did you read that interview with the guy who won gibraltar? he got up like 3+ times during the nights to check on his boat. so unnecessary. except for MAYBE when you're about to go through the gate and don't want to wreck (like on the cook strait coming up soon)
well i'm still climbing and sit just outside the top 1000 hopefully as the leaders get out of the southern ocean and slow down i'll still have all the speed from the high winds and can close the gap. long way off though

I am near you at a ranking around 900, what is your user name. Mine is: Knothead, same as my SA name.

I started late and was on the rocks for a while and I don't check in too much but it's fun to keep an eye on the position of the real boats.

Capture.JPG

Kalumder

Hamble, UK
well the system was not working before gibraltar. What I mean is that wind updates where not as frequent as after the gate of South America. Sure I did some routing errors, how ever more oftne then not I would log on after 12 hours or more to find the wind coming from a different direction.

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
i have come across a damn bug to do with the dates, when ever i am up at midnight my time (Aus East time), at some stage the clock goes from the morning of the day to a day infront. like this. this image is from this morning my time which is at about 11:30pm GMT time

untitled.JPG

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
same date for sunday. but it is weird it only shows that time up till like about midday my time (which is atm 11hrs infront of GMT) so it should have been showing it as about 1am GMT but was infact showing it as 1130pm GMT tonight which is infront of me even.

Sailingkid

Super Anarchist
I thought i was looking in fine shape but they just updated the weather and the wind is 0.4 knots, and i cant get into the 30 knot reaching conditions about 100 mile west! :angry:

Latest posts