C-Class Little Cup news

Erwankerauzen

When looking for the Canadian C-Cat news with Google, I got:

Canadian C-Cat = Canadian Coalition Against Terror

Would somebody have any idea on how to follow the Canadian C-Cat project ?

Thks in Advance

Desert Wings

Hi EK,

Contact details I have pasted below:

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I don't knw if anyone will answer this....

I found the Patient Lady 3 for sale in CT in September of 2021. I bought her. I am interested in finding out if there are any C-Class Catamarans still in existence. Please comment on the existence or non-existence of other boats.

Thank you

Captain Chris

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
 I brought a house in Washington NC, where I will bring my fleet, 2 Formula 40s, soft wing c class and a Newick.

There will be  fund raising to support a multihull race/ gathering. Pitching it to the city, including a shrimp cook off, fly in , and sail in. Should be fun.

Also looking for that museum location, how cool it would be if it became a stable of C class boats.

Anyone and everyone is invited to sail the F40 Skateaway,  100% of proceeds will go to the event.

Cheers, 

Stephen 

Resized_20211010_172232(2).jpg

PL3

LIS
I don't knw if anyone will answer this....

I found the Patient Lady 3 for sale in CT in September of 2021. I bought her. I am interested in finding out if there are any C-Class Catamarans still in existence. Please comment on the existence or non-existence of other boats.

Thank you

Captain Chris

Steve Clark

I brought a house in Washington NC, where I will bring my fleet, 2 Formula 40s, soft wing c class and a Newick.

There will be  fund raising to support a multihull race/ gathering. Pitching it to the city, including a shrimp cook off, fly in , and sail in. Should be fun.

Also looking for that museum location, how cool it would be if it became a stable of C class boats.

Anyone and everyone is invited to sail the F40 Skateaway,  100% of proceeds will go to the event.

Cheers, 

Stephen 
Please keep me informed as to proposed dates.

Cheers Chris

patzefran

France

Cheers, 

Stephen 

View attachment 483305
I am looking for one of the first F 40, Jycoat, Alias Colibri, Caisse d'epargne ... she is a Gilles Ollier design , scaled version of Phillippe Jeantot's Credit Agricole (Quebec St Malo winner). I owned/sailed her from 1990 to 2006 under the name Fantasia and sold her in 2006 to two US owners. They sailed her Across the atlantic to Miami, then to Bend,Oregon, by road. According to last news I got some years ago she was still  in a back yard in Bend. Please contact me if you know his present location and owner, some people are eventually interested to bring back her in France.

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
I am looking for one of the first F 40, Jycoat, Alias Colibri, Caisse d'epargne ... she is a Gilles Ollier design , scaled version of Phillippe Jeantot's Credit Agricole (Quebec St Malo winner). I owned/sailed her from 1990 to 2006 under the name Fantasia and sold her in 2006 to two US owners. They sailed her Across the atlantic to Miami, then to Bend,Oregon, by road. According to last news I got some years ago she was still  in a back yard in Bend. Please contact me if you know his present location and owner, some people are eventually interested to bring back her in France.
Start a new thread, help me find a f40 catamaran in bend Oregon,  I heard about her, just don't remember where.

Cheers 

Steve Clark

Super Anarchist
Patient Lady IV and Patient Lady V are in Warren RI along with Cogito ( USA104) and Aethon (USA105) as well as Orion, Fred Eaton’s third boat.  Of them the only boat that shouldn’t be used without significant restoration is V.  She needs to have some of the deck removed and have a whole bunch of stringers and frames patched.  I would also probably put a belly band of +/-45 carbon on her in between the main beam and the daggerboard trunks.  PLIV hulls weigh Ed about 125 lbs each. PLV weighted about 100 and Cogito weighs 78. The others are right about there. The weight goes back up when you hydrofoil because the loads get stupid.  A 400 lb 25x14 catamaran is s special thing and really cannot be compared to any production catamaran. Beach cats are all pigs by comparison.  

Anyone who wants to commission one of these boats has to be committed to spending about 75 k on the mast and sails.  Then they have to convince me that they aren’t wankers who are going to kill themselves and ruin nice bits of history.

Otherwise, I am pron

bably the guy who knows where all the bodies are buried, so if you want to know, you probably need to go through me.

SHC

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Wings

Meanwhile, back on the other side of the pond the more recent European built boats,  Hydros (2) and Groupama ended up in the UAE.  Understand they have suffered some damage, but still trying to find out the actual condition of them all.  As Steve says, these boats need TLC and commitment.  Alpha is still snug in her custom trailer in Northern Italy, minor work required (wing recovering etc) but basically ready to sail.  For those committed, non muppet individuals who want to experience sailing a wing rig, there are  some interesting options on both sides of the Atlantic.....

JRD

Latest posts