CA36 thread closed!

Presuming Ed

Super Anarchist
London, UK
All the really long threads have been closed: A scows, neverending story, West MI, 1000 days, Clear Lake, and Abby Sunderland. I guess they weren't helping forum performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

cpq3

Super Anarchist
Australia
All the really long threads have been closed: A scows, neverending story, West MI, 1000 days, Clear Lake, and Abby Sunderland. I guess they weren't helping forum performance.
Ding Ding Ding... Wow somebody thought about it instead of bitching, now can they start the new thread???

Hike Bitches!

Super Anarchist
Solomons, MD
no chance jeff...if you read the front page that doesn't exist, that thread is gaining enough traction that the search engines are picking it up before some of Jabba's actual business dealings.

According to dawg's post, there is nothing wrong with a "CA 36 thread, part deux" when the time is appropriate (or some other aptly named WLYDO project thread)..the temp is supposed to drop from 63F to 40F here today and I've already 'quick' winterized the boat so, I am ready! B)

For those of us in the database design and maintenance industry, this is a no-brainer...my DB design guy and I are working on this same issue right now...Out of over 40 DB's/web apps we have running for our customers, exactly TWO of them take up about 50% of the space. Breaking them up/archiving is key to keeping things efficient.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
no chance jeff...if you read the front page that doesn't exist, that thread is gaining enough traction that the search engines are picking it up before some of Jabba's actual business dealings.

According to dawg's post, there is nothing wrong with a "CA 36 thread, part deux" when the time is appropriate (or some other aptly named WLYDO project thread)..the temp is supposed to drop from 63F to 40F here today and I've already 'quick' winterized the boat so, I am ready! B)

For those of us in the database design and maintenance industry, this is a no-brainer...my DB design guy and I are working on this same issue right now...Out of over 40 DB's/web apps we have running for our customers, exactly TWO of them take up about 50% of the space. Breaking them up/archiving is key to keeping things efficient.
Oh boy, another database guy. SOA, relationships and backplane talks begin. Give Dawg another HBA adaptor and some cheap mirrored storage so Greeves can have his boat and horn back... :p

Hike Bitches!

Super Anarchist
Solomons, MD
{way OT}

Austin, If you can help me get my 1.5 TB drives running in a hardware mirrored environment on my home PC with an NVIDIA chipset on XP Pro, we can become very good friends.

XP won't see the array when I build it in the BIOS & then the NVIDIA drivers software won't install the Disk MGT application for me to manipulate it in XP.

If I simply add the drives in the BIOS as SATA drives, XP sees them, but I've recently learned I cannot software mirror (my 2nd choice) drives in XP. When I make them a hardware array via the BIOS (evga 750Sli MB) they show up as NVIDIA SATA RAID devices, but I can't see them other than in the hardware section of XP. :rolleyes:

I do this shit all day at work, the last thing I want is issues when I am trying to do it at home! :angry:

{/way OT}

Carry on.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
{way OT}

Austin, If you can help me get my 1.5 TB drives running in a hardware mirrored environment on my home PC with an NVIDIA chipset on XP Pro, we can become very good friends.

XP won't see the array when I build it in the BIOS & then the NVIDIA drivers software won't install the Disk MGT application for me to manipulate it in XP.

If I simply add the drives in the BIOS as SATA drives, XP sees them, but I've recently learned I cannot software mirror (my 2nd choice) drives in XP. When I make them a hardware array via the BIOS (evga 750Sli MB) they show up as NVIDIA SATA RAID devices, but I can't see them other than in the hardware section of XP. :rolleyes:

I do this shit all day at work, the last thing I want is issues when I am trying to do it at home! :angry:

{/way OT}

Carry on.
Drop it from a great height. If it still doesn't work, take up tatting.

beauvrolyk

Super Anarchist
A problem with closing threads is that one looses the history and is thereby doomed to repeat it. The threads are actually a reference source, thus the frequent requests that newbies use the search tool. Once a thread is gone, the composite knowledge (along with a massive amount of useless drivel) is gone too.

Imagine closing pages on Wikipedia because they were too long.....

Greever

Super Anarchist
Rockford, MI
I opened a new thread with a link to the old one. Cheer up G man its all still available.

I'm trying Paps', but that thread was very near and dear to my heart.

Damn bastards!

PS: Bitches: I have a headache after reading your post. :blink: :lol: :huh:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Alberta
A problem with closing threads is that one looses the history and is thereby doomed to repeat it. The threads are actually a reference source, thus the frequent requests that newbies use the search tool. Once a thread is gone, the composite knowledge (along with a massive amount of useless drivel) is gone too.

Imagine closing pages on Wikipedia because they were too long.....

I don't believe the thread is gone -- it's just closed to new posts. Which shouldn't be a problem -- just post in the new thread...

Hike Bitches!

Super Anarchist
Solomons, MD
OGR, I have a controller built into the BIOS on the friggin' motherboard. That is what's silly about all this. The h/w config went seamlessly..what I can't seem to get installed is the software to control it so XP can see it.

Thanks for the link.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Alberta
OGR, I have a controller built into the BIOS on the friggin' motherboard. That is what's silly about all this. The h/w config went seamlessly..what I can't seem to get installed is the software to control it so XP can see it.

Thanks for the link.
never had any luck with built-in so-called hardware raid -- 3Ware is lovely stuff...

Latest posts