Cabo About To Be Knocked Up by Cat 4 Hurricane Blanca

El Mariachi

Super Anarchist
Jfc,my Baja Insider e-mail said it was barely a C-1 just 36 hours ago. Pre-prayers & thoughts going out to the locals down there---'cuz they're still recovering from the last one just 10 months ago.....

Ancient_Mariner

Super Anarchist
Oregon
Isn't that really really close to Puerta Vallarta right now? Here's a summary from Puerta Vallarta weather....

• Hurricane Blanca continued to strengthen Saturday morning and at the 11 a.m. EDT advisory Blanca had maximum sustained winds of 130 mph, making it a Category 4 hurricane. It has since weakened yet again, and as of the 8 p.m. EDT advisory, Blanca is a Category 3 hurricane packing 120 mph winds.
  • The government of Mexico has issued watches and warnings for parts of Baja California including a hurricane watch from Cabo San Lucas to Santa Fe and a tropical storm warning from La Paz to Santa Fe, including Cabo San Lucas. A tropical storm watch is also in effect from La Paz to San Evaristo and Santa Fe to Cabo San Lazaro.
  • Blanca will track toward Mexico's Baja California peninsula, including the Los Cabos area, late this weekend.
  • The exact track of the center and intensity relative to Los Cabos, which will determine impacts there, remains somewhat uncertain.
  • Blanca will likely weaken to a tropical storm before it makes its closest approach to Los Cabos on Sunday.
  • Moisture from Blanca may push into parts of the U.S. Desert Southwest next week.
Hurricane Blanca rapidly morphed into a major hurricane off the Mexican Pacific Coast, reaching Category 4 status Wednesday.

El Mariachi

Super Anarchist
I've been through three named hurricanes and three named T-Storms down in Mex (three on a boat) and I'll just say that as much as I admire Mommy Nature......they can be truly frightening....

El Mariachi

Super Anarchist
I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out...

That's pretty damn good news---if it goes according to Hoyle. But the heavy rains can still create havoc down there, so hopefully we don't see any stories of mudslides and people getting caught in flooded arroyos....

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Rain in SoCal! Nothing that will help the drought. Just enough to turn the dust on cars into mud, and to fuck up traffic all day.