California CARB Law

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
That Argo may not be all you hope. I have moved a lot of snow and the trick is converting horsepower to traction. A You dont have much horsepower, Briggs or Kohler up to 32 hp according to Argo website . B. Snow piled in front of a plow adds up weight wise rather quickly. C. Any vehicle designed to float is not going to be built tough enough for prolonged "work" use and will be too light weight to get traction.

If you are going for "the only one in the neighborhood cache" , have at it.  Otherwise look to the midwest for amswers.  4wd ATVs with chains amd a plow. Skid steer loader, track or tire and chains with a bucket, a plow or a hydraulic snowblower.  A small 4wd utility tractor with bucket , plow or hydraulic snowblower. A 4wd P/U with a plow (HD cooling and Transmission required). All of these have 4 season uses. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
That Argo may not be all you hope. I have moved a lot of snow and the trick is converting horsepower to traction. A You dont have much horsepower, Briggs or Kohler up to 32 hp according to Argo website . B. Snow piled in front of a plow adds up weight wise rather quickly. C. Any vehicle designed to float is not going to be built tough enough for prolonged "work" use and will be too light weight to get traction.

If you are going for "the only one in the neighborhood cache" , have at it.  Otherwise look to the midwest for amswers.  4wd ATVs with chains amd a plow. Skid steer loader, track or tire and chains with a bucket, a plow or a hydraulic snowblower.  A small 4wd utility tractor with bucket , plow or hydraulic snowblower. A 4wd P/U with a plow (HD cooling and Transmission required). All of these have 4 season uses. 
I would think snowblower unless you have a place to push the snow. 

Thinking back on my Mn days, you run out of traction pushing a plow fast if there's nowhere for the snow to go.

Otherwise look to the midwest for amswers.  4wd ATVs with chains amd a plow. Skid steer loader, track or tire and chains with a bucket, a plow or a hydraulic snowblower.  A small 4wd utility tractor with bucket , plow or hydraulic snowblower. A 4wd P/U with a plow (HD cooling and Transmission required). All of these have 4 season uses. 

A skid loader on tracks, with a blower on it, is pretty awesome for close quarters snow removal.  I'm kicking around getting one for the shop.  Plan on spending close to $100k though if going new.

I agree that Argo is going to be useless pushing much snow.

Last edited by a moderator:

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
A skid loader on tracks, with a blower on it, is pretty awesome for close quarters snow removal.  I'm kicking around getting one for the shop.  Plan on spending close to $100k though if going new.

I agree that Argo is going to be useless pushing much snow.
Are the tracks worth a damn for pushing traction im snow? A snowblower doesn't need much push, a plow or bucket does.

Tax Man

Super Anarchist
Toronto
Raz'r : "Hey, Bhyde what's for breakfast?"

Bhyde: "Makin' some eggs benedict with a side of hash browns and some fresh fruit. How's that sound?"

Raz'r "That sounds great. How long 'till we eat?"

Bhyde "Right after you dig the truck out and we go get the stuff."

View attachment 357644

BTW: That was April 4th. Yeah, two weeks ago.
Glad I live where we don't get that shit in April.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
It's a used Argo. It will spend the rest of its life pushing snow around private property (it comes with a plow). Other than being transported on a trailer, it will never see a public road or OHV park. The dealer in mid-west tells me he cannot legally ship or sell it to a California resident. He could, however, ship/sell it to someone in, say, Nevada. 

View attachment 357626
You can ship it to me and come pick it up.  I only charge a 10% commission.   :D

Coolerking

LBC
I grew up a bit NW of Syracuse NY..so I guess you could say I know a bit about snow.....and I can tell you that you will need a blower attachment on that to make it work well in the conditions shown in your pic....

You can title it here in ca.they will issue a green sticker most likely.

The trick with dmv is they don't know anything that you don't tell them.

Perhaps AAA?

Or a buddy with a PO box in AZ, a great state where they will put a plate on anything that moves?

Either way, buy it!! Its cool AF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
You can title it here in ca.they will issue a green sticker most likely.

The trick with dmv is they don't know anything that you don't tell them.
The idiots at the DMV don't have to know anything... once they put in the serial number the computer, it will tell them what to do. Yeah, some serious Big Brother shit going on there.

Coolerking

LBC
The idiots at the DMV don't have to know anything... once they put in the serial number the computer, it will tell them what to do. Yeah, some serious Big Brother shit going on there.
You mean like if the 7th digit in your vin is a #3 or a "C"?

Yea, been there done that many times amigo.

How many street legal dirt bikes do you have?

DMV is closed....buy it and let it fly....