California Offshore Race Week 2022

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
I was looking at the forecast for the SO Cal 300. But it is a ways out.
Certainly better than todays spinnaker cup race.

But, as you rightly point out. Still a ways off.

socalwx.JPG

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Certainly better than todays spinnaker cup race.

But, as you rightly point out. Still a ways off.

View attachment 512160
I was also looking at the local Oxnard coast line. Here is Predictwind for next Saturday at San Nicolas Island, 3 of the forecasts are not updating yet.. Not too bad and if windy there, the SC Passage may be good too. But the closer to SD, usually the more it fades

2022-05-28 (17).png

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Good first leg OA win by the Pell Mell team.  
I had to look up the results and you guys whooped some of the bigger boats. Awesome.

The Pt Bonita 27 is a One Off? at 2400lbs it should be a screamer. My Zap 26 is 3200 and it flies when the wind pips up.
Any shots or drawings of the under body?

I see the boat is racing to SB today.
It looks like it is blowing right now and they should fly. Good luck and be safe

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
I had to look up the results and you guys whooped some of the bigger boats. Awesome.

The Pt Bonita 27 is a One Off? at 2400lbs it should be a screamer. My Zap 26 is 3200 and it flies when the wind pips up.
Any shots or drawings of the under body?

I see the boat is racing to SB today.
It looks like it is blowing right now and they should fly. Good luck and be safe
Agreed. Cool looking boat. Not me. I'm on another cool boat for SoCal300 only.

baby-blue.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick G

SF BAY
Slow first half, sporty second half. Finished in 14 hours on Skeleton Key after a fun last 35 miles or so. Little boats all brought the wind down to Ana Nuevo where the biggest boats were all waiting.  Next leg will one of restraint and caution. Keep the wheels on and finish. SK is in delivery mode heading to LBRW.

953C161C-1B12-4B02-B638-7AA31C5F3BF3.jpeg

EF156D5A-6553-4067-8BE3-96CF1DCE6761.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Agreed. Cool looking boat. Not me. I'm on another cool boat for SoCal300 only.

View attachment 512499
I've seen that shot. Very nice. I'd love to put my boat against it any time.

Been busy and finally got back to the tracker. Not sure how far behind in hrs it is. I looked at the Marinetraffic site and cannot fine any of the leaders.

Artemis is doing 16.9 heading for Pt Conception from the outside. It seems everyone else went to the inside.

2022-05-30.png