California Offshore Race Week 2022

b green

IMG-2142.jpg

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Huge kudos to Alex Simanias (?) and crew on Pell Mell. They finished just behind us on Sat am. Really nice bloke. Chatted with him after the skippers meeting in SB. Wish I could have had that Mai Tai with you.  Next time…..

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Huge kudos to Alex Simanias (?) and crew on Pell Mell. They finished just behind us on Sat am. Really nice bloke. Chatted with him after the skippers meeting in SB. Wish I could have had that Mai Tai with you.  Next time…..
I believe Alex used to post under “10degalex” or something like that here.  He has outfitted a good portion of the Seattle fleet with nice sails, with the help of a very good sail designer who also used to grace these pages!  

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Impressive sailing by Pell Mell. Cool boat too. 
Very Impressive, especially for a smaller boat. I love to see the ORR measurement sheet.

Results show different. 

Fast race until the end. 
I was wrong again, Why does it take so long to get communication from boats to shore especially when distance is short and everyone has a cell phone.
Saturday morning showed many boats as finished and now RET.

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Great job by Pell Mell, we jokingly asked where we could have found 9 hours on the race course to correect on them haha  Won our class but little boats crushed at the end so eneded up 4th overall.  Even without the wind doing quite what we wanted the southern route was good.  Got to SD1 4 min ahead of the other J125 and got he extra 17 minutes we needed and more on the 2 mile beat to the finish.

IMR

Anarchist
SF Bay Area
Great job by Pell Mell, we jokingly asked where we could have found 9 hours on the race course to correect on them haha  Won our class but little boats crushed at the end so eneded up 4th overall.  Even without the wind doing quite what we wanted the southern route was good.  Got to SD1 4 min ahead of the other J125 and got he extra 17 minutes we needed and more on the 2 mile beat to the finish.
That last 2 miles to the finish was rough.   Good job getting the time you needed on us.