California Offshore Race week

Nick G

SF BAY
It is surprising there is not more activity considering this is the premier event for offshore sailing on the west coast. I see only one Santa Barbara YC boat is entered in the So-Cal 300. What’s up with that? 

El Borracho

Verified User
Pacific Rim
Monterey to Santa Barbara start at noon today. Rut-Roh. Maybe pack some more food and water:

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 09.36.14.png

Mudsailor

Anarchist
So Cal
It is surprising there is not more activity considering this is the premier event for offshore sailing on the west coast. I see only one Santa Barbara YC boat is entered in the So-Cal 300. What’s up with that? 
Not many SB boats travel……even the King Harbor race typically only has a couple of SB boats entered and it starts in SB……

DryArmour

Super Anarchist
[SIZE= 15px]Incredibly slow speeds this morning on the Coastal Cup Race with the leaders making just [/SIZE] 0515 Spinnaker Cup 2021 7 knots copy.jpg [SIZE= 15px]7knots. That SSE flow might have something to do with it. Brutal. [/SIZE]

Coastal Cup wind direction.jpg

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
There were some cool race boats in SB harbor yesterday, out practicing today,  waiting for the 300 miles of fun
It looks hurtful on the tracker right now. On the nose until you get around Conception.
Forecast looks like just average sailing barely. No epic speeds this year.

Timur said:
and who said watching sailing is akin to watching grass grow as a spectator sport?!
I thought everybody said that

notme

Yeah it is looking like a 2 day race on the J125. 11 hours to Santa Cruz then teens out and down to Tanner with a bit of Build to high teens at the end. Then getting in is looking especially tricky.

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Yeah it is looking like a 2 day race on the J125. 11 hours to Santa Cruz then teens out and down to Tanner with a bit of Build to high teens at the end. Then getting in is looking especially tricky.
Took us just under 48 hours in ‘18 on the Summit 40.  Beat all the J-125’s because  of the park up.  

31 hours on the Andrews 40 in ‘19.  Looks to be about the same this year on a bigger boat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
Damn, boats still racing and quite a distance from the finish. Sometimes getting into SB can be slow.

I wonder if they have a time limit on the Coatal Cup? The 300 is supposed to start tomorrow and trophies on Saturday. Might need a schedule adjustment.

Latest posts