California shutters

mikewof

mikewof
WTF? Do you get your design ideas from old episodes of Gunsmoke?
I have no choice but to put up shutters, the dipshits who painted the house didn't bother to paint behind those shit plastic shutters. Those look like I could build, stain and hang a half dozen of them in an afternoon. Works for me.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
I have no choice but to put up shutters, the dipshits who painted the house didn't bother to paint behind those shit plastic shutters. Those look like I could build, stain and hang a half dozen of them in an afternoon. Works for me.
Sondes goode Marshalle Dillon!                          :)

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
We just got rid of all the wood interior shutters....all of them. Replaced with roller shades and some in hard to reach places motorized.......amazing how much it brightened the house. Should have done it long ago. Advise if you'd like to see a couple pic's.

To answer your specific question, we had just a couple vinyl shades in isolated spots where the wood ones gave up. They just looked like plastic and one long one sagged slightly.....and they were not cheap. The wood ones eventually were giving up, especially the pull cords because the wood weighs so much more. The sun finally started to fade the paint and repainting.........well you might as well but new ones. Then cleaning...........oh my god its a full day to dust/clean them all. What a pain. The rollers are up all day except when down to protect wood floor from sun here and there. The house is SOOOOOO much brighter and open. 

I'd never go back to the wood shutters........

Last edited by a moderator:

El Borracho

Sam’s friend
Pacific Rim
Blinds would be my choice unless the view is only a brick wall. We have these wherever there is a mountain or ocean view. Birch or something. From 3 Day Blinds. Not too pricy. 

B758E4D7-263E-4A43-9A4C-09293E8125D3.jpeg

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Sorry. I'm from the land of actual, functional exterior shutters.

https://www.shuttercraft.com/

I know the owner, and am friends with several employees.

I can recommend these shutters.

I've been (was, now) a custom furniture maker/cabinet maker for 40+ years, and any time someone asked me about making shutters I sent them to these people.

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
El Mariachi said:
What's your take on Coral pink 6 x 6 wall tiles in a Man's cave bathroom? ......
Matched with Jade trim and carpet and black leather bar stools it probably works after the second rum.

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
El Mariachi said:
That's quite the interior decorating cocktail you got there. Let me chew on some Peyote buttons for a while and see if I can wrap my head around that kalidescope of khaos...... :lol:
I realized to late it is the bathroom so just skip the barstools....

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Doing more home renos and one (expensive) thing on the list is (are?)shutters. Wood shutters are apparently about 30% more than vinyl. Worth the difference in price?
We ripped all our shutters off.  They were bee-nest magnets.  One more thing I don't fuckin' need.  Even solid style shutters (instead of louvers) can't lay flat enough against my brickwork to keep the little bastards out.  

Last edited by a moderator: