can anyone identify this?

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
This is the receptacle / pocket end for a full length (top) batten.

The backing plate popped off while out sailing yesterday

No mfgr id anywhere

Inside the mechansim part there is a small circle like a clock with an arrow pointing at "3" which I take to indicate the appropriate batten size

20210601_095521.jpg

20210601_095534.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Parma

Super Anarchist
here

Borax Johnson

Anarchist
It's a North main so that make sense. That was the first call I made this AM, no call back yet.
Not surprising. The big check is for the sails. Customer service after the fact? Please press 8 and wait for the next available representative. Estimated wait time is until you want a new sail.

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
Not surprising. The big check is for the sails. Customer service after the fact? Please press 8 and wait for the next available representative. Estimated wait time is until you want a new sail.
Well I have a new 100 on order, so.....maybe

Tylo

Sweden
Looks very similar in design and function to the batten box in the following pdf: 

https://cfd.northsails.com/sailing/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/08142546/NS_BattenBox_Installation-Guides_16_F.pdf

The only thing speaking against it being an NS batten box is that NS is usually very good at branding their products and the cover is different, it looks like it might be an earlier version of the NS batten box maybe?

That batten box design is from Schaefer marine: https://hardware.schaefermarine.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=145_196_198&products_id=4146&zenid=ioqtti72fdfp4nmjpatob7uj46

Also, I believe the little dial pointing to a number indicates the production batch or date or something like that. Those things are on all moulded plastic parts I think.

Parma

Super Anarchist
here
Thanks all.

It was a NS batten box. Called the local loft, emailed photos and they confirmed it. Then they gave me a replacement.

Thanks and a tip o' the hat to MJ !

Latest posts