Can I see my GoPro preview once under water?

danstanford

Anarchist
Lake Ontario
I bought a GoPro to have a look at the folding prop and the number of weeds on it but I cannot see the preview on my phone screen as soon as I push the GoPro under water. Is there any way to see what the camera is seeing in this situation?

Monkey

Super Anarchist
I bought a GoPro to have a look at the folding prop and the number of weeds on it but I cannot see the preview on my phone screen as soon as I push the GoPro under water. Is there any way to see what the camera is seeing in this situation?
Yes. Mount it on the dive mask you’re wearing.

Or…. They make rather lengthy selfie sticks that can trigger the photo option. Take a bunch of pictures blindly, then review above water. I’ve got one that telescopes to 8’ and that’s all I use it for. Works well.

danstanford

Anarchist
Lake Ontario
Yes. Mount it on the dive mask you’re wearing.

Or…. They make rather lengthy selfie sticks that can trigger the photo option. Take a bunch of pictures blindly, then review above water. I’ve got one that telescopes to 8’ and that’s all I use it for. Works well.
Thanks Monkey, I am using it with a selfie stick and taking video but from on the boat. Is this location it is difficult to see what you are, or are not, pointing at. If I could see the preview on my phone this would be best.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Thanks Monkey, I am using it with a selfie stick and taking video but from on the boat. Is this location it is difficult to see what you are, or are not, pointing at. If I could see the preview on my phone this would be best.
It’d be awesome if that worked, but the signal doesn’t broadcast through water. I’ve tried as well.

Caca Cabeza

Super Anarchist
Somewhere there was a weird workaround using specific lengths of coax and flux capacitors. It has to do with the bluetooth connectivity. I found it easier to just take some videos and watch them later.

DDW

Super Anarchist
It may be a good time to mention that both Bluetooth and WiFi are on the 2.4GHz band. That happens to be the same frequency (approximately) as a microwave oven. The reason a microwave oven heats food is that 2.4GHz is the resonant frequency of water molecules, and they absorb that frequency. That makes it a poor choice of frequency for propagation through water.

DDW

Super Anarchist
Pretty cool - bubble gum and chicken wire shade tree mechanic techniques applied in the microwave spectrum.