Canadian Politics

Ishmael

Fuctifino
That is about right.
Interesting that the federal cabinet thought this threat required enacting the Emergencies Act.

The truckers going to Ottawa was like poop returning to the butthole, the clowns going to the big tent...

My understanding is they were concerned with the folks in the background hiding behind Bozo. The people actually pulling the strings, instead of the barker hustling the rubes.

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
“A Canadian is somebody who knows how to make love in a canoe.”

How to Have Sex in a Canoe
I've done it in my younger days, it does require a certain amount of care. It is not the actual sex part that I tippy, it is more the getting into position part. To be fair I did have a lot of experience canoeing. For a few years I belonged to a rowing club - sailing, canoe trips and rowing in the shortish non-snowy part of the year in central Canada, didn't make a lot of sense.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I've done it in my younger days, it does require a certain amount of care. It is not the actual sex part that I tippy, it is more the getting into position part. To be fair I did have a lot of experience canoeing. For a few years I belonged to a rowing club - sailing, canoe trips and rowing in the shortish non-snowy part of the year in central Canada, didn't make a lot of sense.

You had to multi-task, or the opportunity would be lost

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
1661717112306.png

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Once more; contemptuous disdain is not hate.

Alberta is simply the Texas of Canada.

They're still pissed off at Trudeau the Greater over the National Energy Program - and that was 42 years ago.

Not to mention that he's been dead for 22 years.

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
Once more; contemptuous disdain is not hate.

Alberta is simply the Texas of Canada.

They're still pissed off at Trudeau the Greater over the National Energy Program - and that was 42 years ago.

Not to mention that he's been dead for 22 years.
Yes, the only province that produces anything the rest of the world wants, is contemptuously hated by the rest of Canuckistan.

You forgot to add in that Big Potato's National Energy Program was explicitly designed so that all meaningful political power, would always stay in Ottawa and the Laurentian Valley pointy heads. Can't have those little people earning too much money, they might get uppity while we decide what we should spend their money on.

Little Potato is running the same games he learned, the NEP Lite was a game of musical pipelines, with none being built. And $14Bn thrown on the fire. Hey, it's not as if it's their own money, hah.

The trick to being a Federal Liberal these days, is knowing when to cash out. And leave Canada.

You really want to get up in arms about something, the Commission on Canuckistans largest mass shooting is wrapping up, and as usual the Dudley Doo-Rights have come up short. Shocker. It's just surprising just how short, the commander of the detachment took over when he was hammered, his wife had to drive him to the barracks, the only real tangible reporting was a volunteer deputy fire chief who had his fire house shot up, and the shooter took a 6hr nap inbetween sprees. All while the only information about the shooting was only officially released on Twitter.

Really great stuff.