Canadian Politics

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
your populace is much like ours,
No, it isn't.

Note the logarithmic scale.

1663164693860.png

You don't consider supporting anti-vaxxers and the truckers divisive?
I take a bit more nuanced view of the situation.

JT selfishly called an election during a pandemic.
JT made vaccines, which should be the domain of public health, into an election wedge issue.
That is divisive to the core.

Judging from your posting, anti-vaxxers and truckers are just a different way of saying deplorables.
I do not agree with wilful distribution of harmful anti-science, but that is much different than JT saying that the science is settled and he is the sole judge of that.
Truckers? Big meh from me. Could care less that Ottawa was inconvenienced for awhile. I enjoyed the bleating of the entitled mandarins in the capital. At no time did I think any part of our culture, government or way of life was threatened. The government obviously agrees with me as evidenced by their hamstringing of the statutory review of the invocation of the Emergencies Act.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Judging from your posting, anti-vaxxers and truckers are just a different way of saying deplorables.
Well... you got one thing right.

Your "nuanced" view doesn't seem subtle enough to distinguish the idiot protest truckers from the vast majority of hard working, intelligent truckers out there.

Canada has on the order of 250,000 truckers - how many of them were in Ottawa? 0.5%? 0.75%

I had no issue with the Ottawa protest for the first weekend. People have a right of assembly to protest the government of the day.
Then there was a total failure to clear the protest Sunday night.
That allowed the radical elements to entrench and take control of a portion of the downtown core.
At this point is was not really truckers, even if it ever was. Yes, there were trucks involved. That's the nuance I speak of.

You are the one continuing to call this a truckers' protest and idiot protest truckers even in the same post where you admit they do not represent the vast majority of truckers.

So PP has been an MP since 2004 and JT since 2008.

JT has racked up a number of scandals in his period, Elbowgate, Aga Khan vacay, SNC-Lavalin/Jody Wilson-Raybould, Blackface (multiple), WE Charity and Nova Scotia gun release bs.

I can't find a list of PP's scandals, but it must be out there if he is as bad as Trump!

CBC hack attacking PP by association with Trump, that has a bunch of credibility.
Remind us all again how much money the Liberals have lavished on the Mother Corp?

I am not a member of any political party, but I am damn tired of the crew running our country in Ottawa.

basketcase

Fuck you second amendment
a long way from home
So PP has been an MP since 2004 and JT since 2008.

JT has racked up a number of scandals in his period, Elbowgate, Aga Khan vacay, SNC-Lavalin/Jody Wilson-Raybould, Blackface (multiple), WE Charity and Nova Scotia gun release bs.

I can't find a list of PP's scandals, but it must be out there if he is as bad as Trump!

CBC hack attacking PP by association with Trump, that has a bunch of credibility.
Remind us all again how much money the Liberals have lavished on the Mother Corp?

I am not a member of any political party, but I am damn tired of the crew running our country in Ottawa.
for fucks sake.... dont forget the biggest one..... doughnutgate

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Pierre is spending a lot of time chatting up the Canadian red hat movement. Now he's been caught using YouTube hashtags to attract more extreme right-wing support. #mgtow is a direct appeal to incels. This slimebag repulsed me the first time I saw him, years ago, and that reaction was entirely appropriate, as we have seen.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
Pierre is spending a lot of time chatting up the Canadian red hat movement. Now he's been caught using YouTube hashtags to attract more extreme right-wing support. #mgtow is a direct appeal to incels. This slimebag repulsed me the first time I saw him, years ago, and that reaction was entirely appropriate, as we have seen.

Your world of lollipops, unicorns and rainbows is collapsing