Canadian Truck Driver Anarchy

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
You might want to review where GM sources many of the parts for their SUVs. While you’re at it, look up the Auto Pact which laid the groundwork for US-Canadian interdependence in the auto sector. One of the biggest auto parts suppliers in the world, while thoroughly entrenched in a branch plant economy, is Canadian(Magna).
Don't forget Denso Corporation, Multimatic Inc. and UltraFit Manufacturing Inc.

None of them are exactly mom & pop operations.

chester

Super Anarchist
10 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

With Big auto shutting down in Canada do to lack of USA made content parts , problem solved no truckers needed to cross the boarder, road blocks break down and everyone goes home….

seems to show how venerable life could be if trucks stop rolling, no jobs for workers with no shipping or deliveries, no money made, no money to spend, no food delivered could get interesting as the Convoy crosses the US on its way to DC.  

Main complaint by Great White Norther people is why did Ottawa let it happen, they knew it was coming, city fathers let it happen AGAIN (remember the farm traction occupation of Ottawa) . They should have seen it coming and kept the trucks from the Nations Capital’s Core roads…

What will Washington do now, what’s the plan to not let it happen in their town they got a convoy coming..

yup, shoulda diverted them on the way in

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Remember when big protests were usually intelligent, middle and upper middle class people?

Ban the Bomb, voter registration, civil rights, anti-war etc. were mostly educated, intelligent, committed people.

When did it change to selfish, ignorant, low rent mouth breathers and trailer trash?

Is it TFG's fault?

fufkin

Super Anarchist
Don't forget Denso Corporation, Multimatic Inc. and UltraFit Manufacturing Inc.

None of them are exactly mom & pop operations.
Yeah I was struggling to remember the name of the company that builds the Ford GT. Multimatic it is.

Very cool company that does a lot of precision carbon work etc. etc. and I gather the head of the company originally worked with Magna and then branched out on his own.

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
Reforms? You want Canada to "reform" to US levels of death and sickness? That reform?

85% of Canadians don't support these dingleberries.
How about providing health care to those who travel outside of Canada once they return?  I heard about issues from a Canadian but did not understand what he meant. 

Canadian Health Care 

1. Does not cover the Driver outside of Canada.  They must buy policies or pay out of pocket.  

2. Even though they pay taxes if they are outside of Ontario for more than 153 days in a 12 month period an exception must be applied for to be covered when back in ........Ontario!!!   

Can a driver just lie about where they have been or is there some sort of counter at the border?   Sorry fellow Canadian....you spent more than 153 days in the USA in the last 12 month period...no health care for you!! (Note that hauling Mexican Organic vegies or Texas Beef the Driver spends A LOT MORE TIME IN USA than Canada) 

Perhaps it is better to look at this in a better light.   The Canadian not feeling well at a USA Truck stop can get an UBER to an urgent care at 7am.  Likely a small wait at that hour if any.   Then see a RN, if serious the on duty MD General Practitioner.    If the Canadian is prescribed drugs they get an UBER to Walmart where their prescription is already filled.  Pay with Good RX discount drug card and back to the truck in the UBER!   

How are waiting times and costs in Canada for the same uninsured Driver?   Do you think this might be just a teensy weensy bad policy that could help induce the condition known a bridge blockage in the lower intestinal cavity? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
You might want to review where GM sources many of the parts for their SUVs. While you’re at it, look up the Auto Pact which laid the groundwork for US-Canadian interdependence in the auto sector. One of the biggest auto parts suppliers in the world, while thoroughly entrenched in a branch plant economy, is Canadian(Magna). 

Michigan has already been affected.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/02/10/world/canada/canada-protests-autos.amp.html
If they can't ship it does Canadian Auto Industry exist?    I see Oshkosh moving some operations to South Carolina and Tesla to Texas.  Just another reason to leave Canada.  This is not the first labor problem and will not be the last.  Nobody forced JIT on the auto industry.   Perhaps if the Canadian Auto Industry cared just a slight bit more about those who get their parts in and out of the country their crap might not be sitting on the Ambassador bridge. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
I keep hearing about 85% of Canadians do not support this protest.  The other number is only 27% of Canadians support the protesters.  Math is likely not a strong point for Canadian Journalists.  

However...

My fellow North Americans, 

Would all these Canadians that do not support this protest please get their crap off of US trucks?    The USA is suffering from a driver shortage which does not need to be cured by a trailer shortage.  Trailers are filling up drop yards and trucks with trailers still attached are sitting in traffic.   While the talk of auto parts seems to dominate the news I would like to state the case for refrigerated trailers.  

Both me and you would likely wonder why Canada needs so many refrigerated trailers enroute or stuck in Canada during the winter.   For some reason a diet of fish blubber and frozen lake trout does not suit the modern Canadian.   Your demand for other meats, vegies and processed food is beyond belief.  I am now finding out that we need to WARM your yogurt and the cheese packets in the Kraft Mac and cheese so these do not freeze at night then cool the same groceries during the day...

Please get in your Subaru and come get a pallet of anything...  Auto parts, tomatoes, mac and cheese (multiple concoctions), soup, candy, potato chips, ice cream (don't ask why).   Your organic stuff might as well be thrown off the Ambassador bridge so at least we have a solution to one problem.   This is not stealing and the driver will thank you.   USA drivers are trained to blame some other nationality, race and demographic when a truckload gets stolen.  Once the trailer is empty ( MT.... truckin slang :)) The driver can get a new load to take to California.   Another country that has many, many problems but still likes to eat.  

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
How about providing health care to those who travel outside of Canada once they return?  I heard about issues from a Canadian but did not understand what he meant. 

Canadian Health Care 

1. Does not cover the Driver outside of Canada.  They must buy policies or pay out of pocket. 
Who did you "hear" that from?

My health care pays the same in the States as it does here.

Because the American system is so fucked up that will only be a portion of the cost so I'll be on the hook for the rest unless I buy additional out of country insurance.

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
Who did you "hear" that from?

My health care pays the same in the States as it does here.

Because the American system is so fucked up that will only be a portion of the cost so I'll be on the hook for the rest unless I buy additional out of country insurance.
I have been looking through the Canadian Health Care act.   Specifically Ontario's rules and regulations since Windsor is in Ontario I wanted to know what other motivations these truckers had.  My understanding is that if you are a resident of Ontario you would need to pay for a supplemental policy to utilize USA healthcare.  Canadian Medicare? only works in Canada and is not portable.   Could you explain why a truck driver would have complaints?  The driver complaining had constantly driven from the Toronto area to various Arkansas to New Mexico shippers throughout the pandemic. 

Snarley

Super Anarchist
US
It is almost 3am on the US east coast and I am done for tonight.  Supposedly there are now three border crossings closed by Canadian protesters.  To give you a better idea of how big of a protest this is I can compare what has happened to the Mexican border. 

My conservative estimate is that the USA has 10x the number of owner/operators of semi-trucks compared to Canada.  I suspect 10 times is much too low for a bunch of reasons.  Using the estimate of 10x this would be the same as US truckers shutting down every border crossing with Mexico that allows class 8 tractor trailers to cross AND shutting down 10 State capitals. 

Not in the wildest dreams of the 1970's US Trucker showdowns is this possible.   Trudeau has to act. 

fufkin

Super Anarchist
I have been looking through the Canadian Health Care act.   Specifically Ontario's rules and regulations since Windsor is in Ontario I wanted to know what other motivations these truckers had.  My understanding is that if you are a resident of Ontario you would need to pay for a supplemental policy to utilize USA healthcare.  Canadian Medicare? only works in Canada and is not portable.   Could you explain why a truck driver would have complaints?  The driver complaining had constantly driven from the Toronto area to various Arkansas to New Mexico shippers throughout the pandemic. 
It’s not a rumour. Canadians often purchase travel insurance. You’d have to do some more research, but I’m thinking medical travel insurance might be available to the average American as well.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Remember when big protests were usually intelligent, middle and upper middle class people?

Ban the Bomb, voter registration, civil rights, anti-war etc. were mostly educated, intelligent, committed people.

When did it change to selfish, ignorant, low rent mouth breathers and trailer trash?

Is it TFG's fault?
Yes, yes it is.  He's the one that had the campaign slogan 'Make America Hate Again'.  

I will never forget Inaugural JFK's speech when he said "Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country".

CriticalPath

Anarchist
BofQ
I'm saddened by Kent H's "Ugly American" comments and his dependence on hearsay and some internet sleuthing to support his pre-determined conclusions without educating himself about any of the big pictures he's pontificating about.

The Freedom Convoy began as a protest about truckers' rights but morph'd into something entirely different as the convoy developed.  The truckers' issues could've been addressed in a manageable and respectful manner, what it has grown into is an ugly situation where truckers are being used.

I'm in Ottawa regularly, I live and see what's happening throughout Ontario (the protest's "Ground Zero"), and I have friends and acquaintances on both sides of the protest.  I'm also able to set aside my own biases to understand (not agree) both sides.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Cheers!

Dilligaf0220

Super Anarchist
Not The Caribbean
Yeah I was struggling to remember the name of the company that builds the Ford GT. Multimatic it is.

Very cool company that does a lot of precision carbon work etc. etc. and I gather the head of the company originally worked with Magna and then branched out on his own.
The original name of Magna, was Multimatic.  The current Multimatic was founded by the son of one of the founding partners of Magna as a joint partnership, until he acquired sole ownership from Magna.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Yes, yes it is.  He's the one that had the campaign slogan 'Make America Hate Again'.  

I will never forget Inaugural JFK's speech when he said "Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country".
JFK inspired the whole world.

TFG disgusted the whole world/

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
Amazing how easy it is to sway you lefties.  If something similar to the Tienanmen Square Massacre happened today with the Freedom Truckers, you'd be on the side of the tanks.

Tiananmen-Square.jpg

Bodies-of-dead-civilians-lie-among-crushed-bicycles-near-Beijings-Tiananmen-Square-on-June-4-1...jpg

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
RT, take it to PA or fuckoff with your RW shite. You don't know shite about "the left"

signed a fellow native Texan.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Amazing how easy it is to sway you lefties.  If something similar to the Tienanmen Square Massacre happened today with the Freedom Truckers, you'd be on the side of the tanks.

View attachment 491571

View attachment 491572
Damn right.

The Tiananmen Square protestors weren't blocking access to hospitals, flooding 911 call centers, and putting other workers out of jobs.

Standing up for what you imagine to be your rights is a very poor excuse for trampling the rights of others. The Tiananmen Square protestors would probably think the anti-vax truckers are a bunch of crybaby pussies.

- DSK

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
View attachment 491571

Comparing these incidents is the simple simon approach. This guy and the student protests in TS didn't hinder the country a fraction of what occurred at the borders. This could have been bad juju and I'm certain all future jihadists were watching. We need to toughen up.

Latest posts