Cancel Culture, I feel bad for young kids these days.

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
I feel bad for young kids these days, they may never know what free expression means.

OR

Has the Human Race become a bunch of Pussies?

Do white celebrities not get that Blackfishing is offensive? Or just not care?

When singer Jesy Nelson, originally a member of popular British girl group Little Mix, released her debut solo single “Boyz” last week, she did it with help from American star Nicki Minaj, who provides a guest rap verse for the song. Now Minaj is also aiding her defense against accusations that the music video shows Nelson engaging in Blackfishing.

Blackfishing — when non-Black individuals alter their appearance to try to appear more Black for profit, with that profit often coming from regurgitating stereotypes about Black people.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
I feel bad for young kids these days, they may never know what free expression means.

OR

Has the Human Race become a bunch of Pussies?

Do white celebrities not get that Blackfishing is offensive? Or just not care?

When singer Jesy Nelson, originally a member of popular British girl group Little Mix, released her debut solo single “Boyz” last week, she did it with help from American star Nicki Minaj, who provides a guest rap verse for the song. Now Minaj is also aiding her defense against accusations that the music video shows Nelson engaging in Blackfishing.

Blackfishing — when non-Black individuals alter their appearance to try to appear more Black for profit, with that profit often coming from regurgitating stereotypes about Black people.
This is the first time - ever - I have heard the term 'blackfishing'.  And yet, Eminem said it best years and years ago. 

Though I'm not the first king of controversy
I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley
To do black music so selfishly
And use it to get myself wealthy (hey)

Blackfishing is only a thing if we let ourselves worry about it.  And it isn't.  Fuck it.  Unless we want to scream about black people who alter their appearance to make themselves look more light - wearing lighter makeup to appear lighter complected, straightening their hair, etc.

Outrage about nothing.  The average "left" person has probably never heard of the term.  It's just the newest 'critical race theory' bullshit someone on the right is using to stir you up.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
This is the first time - ever - I have heard the term 'blackfishing'.  And yet, Eminem said it best years and years ago. 

Though I'm not the first king of controversy
I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley
To do black music so selfishly
And use it to get myself wealthy (hey)

Blackfishing is only a thing if we let ourselves worry about it.  And it isn't.  Fuck it.  Unless we want to scream about black people who alter their appearance to make themselves look more light - wearing lighter makeup to appear lighter complected, straightening their hair, etc.

Outrage about nothing.  The average "left" person has probably never heard of the term.  It's just the newest 'critical race theory' bullshit someone on the right is using to stir you up.
So all those bitching about the singers behaviour are nasty right wing conservatives? :lol:

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
“Sometimes it haaaaaaaard to be Caucasian…”

729E0842-F34D-48C2-B7AB-1AEB85E7F4A3.png

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
There has always been a whole lot of stuff in the “polite people don’t discuss it” hiding hole. 

Your objections merely demonstrate a shift in that which resides in the hole. 

it wasn’t that long ago when we couldn’t mention anything about homosexuals. We couldn’t question the decisions of the POTUS or the Supreme Court.

All teachers were always good. Grownups didn’t have first names unless you were a grownup. 
 Rob and Laura Petrie slept in separate beds. 

Now we call it cancel culture when society decides not to publicly discuss some things. 

but not all things are allowed that Iabel.

those who do not wish to consider the ongoing subtle racism that isn’t even deliberate are trying to cancel Critical Race theory and there are now editions of Huckleberry Finn cleansed of the word nigger because fools believe cancelling the word will eliminate the racism of 150 years ago. 

We need to go back to running around naked 

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Jeezuss - I thought the "cultural appropriation" mentality was bad.

Political correctness was always tiresome but it really has run amok with many people.

Voyageur

Super Anarchist
On The Borderline
White people do have it hard these daze. so hard. I almost feel bad for them. Life is so confusing. DJT said his supporters should stop voting.
5f16b0213f73703e4c5940a4
NCTRUMP14.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
BS.  All the stuff I just read on it is being pushed by people traditionally on the left.  Most of the controversy and bitching is coming from blacks themselves who see white folk stealing their skin tone without having to go through the pain they claim they had to go through.  One perfect quote said something to effect of "blackfishers want our rhythm but not our blues."

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
BS.  All the stuff I just read on it is being pushed by people traditionally on the left.
You mean like cancel culture of school boards crushing the teaching of racial oppression, or Georgia abolishing Uni tenure, or fundy education crushing freedom of expression ?? 

Oh wait, that is all being done by the R-word-istas 

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
BS.  All the stuff I just read on it is being pushed by people traditionally on the left.  Most of the controversy and bitching is coming from blacks themselves who see white folk stealing their skin tone without having to go through the pain they claim they had to go through.  One perfect quote said something to effect of "blackfishers want our rhythm but not our blues."
I feel like you didn't read what you think you read.

First - I said 'the average person on the left'.  The people pushing this stuff are a small group of people on the left, and they are likely farther left than the average person.  Think Q-Anon versus your run of the mill person who calls themselves conservative.

Seconds - I said the people getting upset about it are the same Republicans who agitated about critical race theory.  I.e. - people like Tucker, or other media personalities who are doing it specifically to stir up the right wing 'base'.

This is the MODEL of how these idiots stir shit up to outrage folks.  And it's no different than the way the far left Media personalities do the same with the ideas that the people on the far right like Q-Anon have.

But, people gotta outrage rather than just ignoring the bullshit, so gullible people post it here "XXXX WANTS TO OUTLAW DREADLOCKS."  "YYYY WANTS TO OUTLAW FLYING OF THE FLAG." and just keep feeding the media idiots that make money off it all.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
BS.  All the stuff I just read on it is being pushed by people traditionally on the left....
I feel like you didn't read what you think you read.

First - I said 'the average person on the left'.  The people pushing this stuff are a small group of people on the left, and they are likely farther left than the average person.  Think Q-Anon versus your run of the mill person who calls themselves conservative.

Seconds - I said the people getting upset about it are the same Republicans who agitated about critical race theory.  I.e. - people like Tucker, or other media personalities who are doing it specifically to stir up the right wing 'base'.

This is the MODEL of how these idiots stir shit up to outrage folks.  And it's no different than the way the far left Media personalities do the same with the ideas that the people on the far right like Q-Anon have.

But, people gotta outrage rather than just ignoring the bullshit, so gullible people post it here "XXXX WANTS TO OUTLAW DREADLOCKS."  "YYYY WANTS TO OUTLAW FLYING OF THE FLAG." and just keep feeding the media idiots that make money off it all.
So, I'm interested in knowing who these far-left media figures are. What network are they on? Who are their sponsors/advertisers?

- DSK