Carrabean 600

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
We have Rambler88, CQS and the RP90 ex Rambler challenging for Line Honors. Rambler8& will be too fast for both but can CQS beat the old RP90? Some other good boats racing in the middle groups. 

Svanen

Super Anarchist
Whitby
According to the tracker website, a quarter of the fleet has retired so far. Probably more to come.

Svanen

Super Anarchist
Whitby
How so? All I can see from the tracker is that they are now in the home stretch, beating their way towards Antigua.

FWIW there's only one actual mark, near Barbuda.  All the other turning points are islands. The last one that Rambler would have rounded would have been Redonda; I can't see them missing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
ok, just the way the rhumbline is set up on the tracker I guess

but according to YB they hung a left a couple miles too soon. did not go around Redonda.

us7070

Super Anarchist
weird, now their track goes around Redonda
Redonda is in the wrong place on a lot of vector charts

C-map (used in expedition) have it wrong.., as does navionics (used on a lot of chartplotters)

I shoule note that my c-map is a few years old - perhaps the newest c-map charts have corrected the error.

it could be that the tracking map uses that incorrect mapping.

paper charts (of the largest scale for the area containg redonda - the 1:90,000 redonda-montserrat chart) have it in the correct position, as do and raster charts made from those paper charts. 

the problem is that when mapping redonda.., c-map and navionics only digitized the 1:500,000 chart for redonda - which even in the paper chart is off a bit as it's not meant to be ued for navigtion near land.

anyway - i did the race.., very tough.., didn't finish due to equipment failure

jackolantern

Super Anarchist
Redonda is in the wrong place on a lot of vector charts

C-map (used in expedition) have it wrong.., as does navionics (used on a lot of chartplotters)

I shoule note that my c-map is a few years old - perhaps the newest c-map charts have corrected the error.

it could be that the tracking map uses that incorrect mapping.

paper charts (of the largest scale for the area containg redonda - the 1:90,000 redonda-montserrat chart) have it in the correct position, as do and raster charts made from those paper charts. 

the problem is that when mapping redonda.., c-map and navionics only digitized the 1:500,000 chart for redonda - which even in the paper chart is off a bit as it's not meant to be ued for navigtion near land.

anyway - i did the race.., very tough.., didn't finish due to equipment failure
Faster boat or slower boat? 

Latest posts