CATARI comes along at Pacific Seacraft

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
WHL and I just got back from a visit to PSC yard in North Carolina. I was quite impressed with the work the yard is doing. There were some fine tuning issues but other than some minor details everything was great.

I'll let you write your own caption for this shot. That's me, the client in the black shirt and Steve Brodie, yard owner, in the blue shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

BGD

Looks gorgeous Bob! Beautiful work.

Curious what the wood/stain is...it looks a lot blonder than teak...but maybe it's just new.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
BGD:

We are using mahogany for most of the joinery but we are using walnut for the bar in the salon and the large "bureau" in the owner's cabin aft.

We will have a s.s. rail fiddle for the galley and bar counters.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Thanks Lono and Grey. I am very happy with it. One change we made during this visit was to get rid of the teak eyebrow on the pilot house, drop the s.s. handrail on top of the PH and move the s.s. rail over to where the eyebrow would have gone. This should look very good and provide the perfect position for a hand rail as you go forward. We will wrap this s.s. handrail around the forward corners of the PH but we will not continue it across the front of the PH. The s.s. guy, Steve, at PSC, is sooooooo damn good that we want to showcase his work where we can. He made great "princess seats" for the stern pulpit. But the client does not like them being called "princess seats". So with a concerted team effort we have decided to call one seat the "princess seat" and the other one a "bad ass mother fucker seat". The owner likes that.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
It's a complex two level cockpit. There is standing headroom under the overhang forward. The aft end of the cockpit is raised so the owner's short wife can see over the pilot house.

Here we are trying to figure out where to put our beers.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Wow. Except for that wheel - I would recommend replacing it with something a little less pedestrian.
Oh come on! Slap a little varnish on it and it will look GREAT........well as good as any wheel can look.

Boat is screaming out for a proper tiller.

Windward

Super Anarchist
Are khakis a required dress at PSC?

I'd never stay clean enough. Only Gouv could pull that off...

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Rols:

That depends on who you ask.

I say January.

In that photo we are discussing the placement of the electric winch buttons and all the shite that has to fit into the binnacle. I am not a fan of binnacles like this but these days people want everything right there in front of them.

I'll post more photos when I write my blog entry this weekend.

Windward: I'm wearing Wranglers and I'm the only guy without a blue shirt. The braces were my only style statement.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
They have a nice Mexican lady that spends all morning sweeping the concrete shop floor and then after lunch comes back and wet mops it too! Never seen anything like it.

I think that binnacle might have room for a Kegerator! Solves one big problem...

pete_nj

It's a complex two level cockpit. There is standing headroom under the overhang forward. The aft end of the cockpit is raised so the owner's short lovely wife can see over the pilot house.
I think this is what you meant...

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Thanks Pete. You are correct. But the owner's wife is not tall and having the sight lines arranged for her was a critical element when you have a deck this complex.

This rendering is now obsolete but it's damn close. It does not show the scuttle or the few new winches we added.

savoir

Super Anarchist
Thanks Lono and Grey. I am very happy with it. One change we made during this visit was to get rid of the teak eyebrow on the pilot house, drop the s.s. handrail on top of the PH and move the s.s. rail over to where the eyebrow would have gone. This should look very good and provide the perfect position for a hand rail as you go forward. We will wrap this s.s. handrail around the forward corners of the PH but we will not continue it across the front of the PH. The s.s. guy, Steve, at PSC, is sooooooo damn good that we want to showcase his work where we can. He made great "princess seats" for the stern pulpit. But the client does not like them being called "princess seats". So with a concerted team effort we have decided to call one seat the "princess seat" and the other one a "bad ass mother fucker seat". The owner likes that.
We shall expect that seat to be engraved B.A.M.F.S.