CATARI comes along at Pacific Seacraft

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Boy:

Getting close but no new photos. I'll post them as I get them. I am in daily contact with the yard and working on some variations on the same hull.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Grey:

That would be very nice. We are working on a new guy now who likes this approach. I'm still playing with it in the preliminary stage but I like it. Getting rid of the mizzen opens up some options.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Boy:

Getting close but no new photos. I'll post them as I get them. I am in daily contact with the yard and working on some variations on the same hull.

Wow! That is REALLY good looking! That's what I would want if I were to do a cruising boat! Bravo!

Grey Dawn

Anarchist
Annapolis
Here's the new Swan 60 with Euro styling for comparison.

Swan_60_interior_arrangement_A.jpg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Boy:

WOW, just WOW. I like that WAY better than the trunk cabin version.

Is that waterline overlay on the plan view to show the max extent of the cabin sole?

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
My drawing is just a quick sketch. I have some time today while Ruby is at the groomers. I'll see if I can smooth it out a bit. I'm a tough audience. My hands are tied somewhat due to the fact that we would use the existing tooling for the forward cabin trunk. So that's a given. As is the cockpit area although I can stretch it forward. I want to muck around with the salon layout a bit more too. If the client objects to a feature I want to be able to say, "Fine then, how about this one? Fine then how about this one? Fine then how about this one?"

Jose Carumba

Super Anarchist
Pugetopolis
That is a very handsome vessel Bob. The house fits the boat well. Being able to stretch the raised portion out helps. The overall balance is excellent. Sign me up, but with an inside steering station, and a cubby for a 40 pound dog.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Schnick:

That is the boom off the old ketch rig. At this stage of the preliminary design the mast and boom are just "place holders" while I work other details out. The sail plan shows the boom extending about 24" aft of the back end of the pilot house top.

It simply is not an important detail when I am working out profile and arrangement issues. I just stick to the old design spiral and everything gets addressed in due time.

Schnick

Super Anarchist
Vancouver, BC
I figured that was the ketch boom. My last boat had about that rig position and relative boom length and no amount of rake could make the thing go upwind until I added 20% to the boom. ugh.

olaf hart

Super Anarchist
That is a very handsome vessel Bob. The house fits the boat well. Being able to stretch the raised portion out helps. The overall balance is excellent. Sign me up, but with an inside steering station, and a cubby for a 40 pound dog.
I think there is an inside steering station, that looks like a wheel on the forward starboard bulkhead in the saloon.

Using a swivel seat for the saloon and the steering station is a nice touch Bob.

I am off to buy a lottery ticket this morning.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Olaf:

Uhhh,,,no. Nice idea though. I should try it out. As drawn there is no inside steering station unless you sit at the nav station with your AP. I'm not convinced a wheel is needed on a boat like this. But I will leave that up to the buyer.

I'll do a version with a real nice pilot station next. But now it's off to the symphony with my son. Rach 3 and sushi.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I like the aft cockpit version a lot better too.

Curious about what ND thinks of it? I know his heart was set on a ketch, but did that drawing cause any second thoughts? Would have for me, but I never had my heart set on a ketch.

kdh

Super Anarchist
I like the aft cockpit version a lot better too.

Curious about what ND thinks of it? I know his heart was set on a ketch, but did that drawing cause any second thoughts? Would have for me, but I never had my heart set on a ketch.
I think it might be a little late for 2nd thoughts for ND, Tom. And it this point I'm sure it would be more like 1000th thoughts, easily rejected.

Nothing like committing people and funds to a project to sharpen the thinking.

Crash

Super Anarchist
SoCal
Boy:

Wow! That is REALLY good looking! That's what I would want if I were to do a cruising boat! Bravo!
I'm with Kim on the "Wow! That is REALLY good looking!"

But I keep wondering what it would look like with just the low house, aft cockpit, and rigged as a high peaked gaff schooner. I'd guess the bow sprit might need to extend some to balance the sail plan, and I know it wouldn't point as well as the Cutter or Ketch rigged versions. But with a black hull, I'd bet it'd look pretty sweet.

Unfortunately, I too am in the awaiting the lottery win first stage. Fortunately for me, ND, and Kim, and KDH are willing to share!

us7070

Super Anarchist
the pilot house looks too big - make sit look more like a motorsailer than a sailboat

as far as the layout, i would choose a pullman, like the swan, if it were mine - i think they work better than vee-berths on a boat this size.., and you can make a pretty good seaberth by putting leecloths in the middle and on the outside- the slightly more aft location is more comfortable too.

i think the aft cabin should be upper and lower single berths.

Latest posts