CATARI comes along at Pacific Seacraft

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Bloke:

I assure you that everyone was happy, especially me. We were discussing serious things on a serious boat. While we had our jokes, most of the time we were working and making serious decisions. We were not "yucking it up".

Floater:

I will definitely pass your remote idea onto the client. WHL will be here today to work on the project and I'll show it to him.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
kdh:

I'll mention that to Tim when he is here today. We are also using some custom switches that are much smaller for some functions.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Here are the guys having a good laugh. That is Thumper, the foreman, in the scuttle hatch, Steve, the yard owner is to his right, Tim O'Connell is on the port side of the cockpit and Paul, the client is sitting aft to starboard. Note that I am not in the photo. I am probably off being a PITA. Fact is I work at not being a PITA with a builder. I am firm at times when I see something I don't like. Being firm and expecting everything to be correct is not being a PITA. It is being professional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tucky

Super Anarchist
Maine
I love the ventilation detail in the galley under the cabinet doors. If it isn't a ventilation detail, I still love it.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
It is a vent hood Tuckster. It vents out the center cockpit coaming. There is also a large hatch right above the galley. There are large opening ports in the cabin trunk and in the center cockpit well. We have got the ventilation issued covered.

WunHungLo

Super Anarchist
PNW
I like the autopilot control and a switch for my windlass at the binnacle.

I have a remote for the cabintop winch like that so I have more flexibility to see how the roll into the boom is going. I rarely use it.

Bob, please consider the stainless steel winch switches rather than the black plastic ones. You can see one in this picture near the winch at the height transition of the cockpit coaming.

IMG_1281_zpsc3c42753.jpg
We have the autopilot control in front of the helm on the binnacle, beside the ZEUS 2 Touch, along with the bow thruster. There are other switches either side of the binnacle e.g. MOB, lights, horn....

The Harken winch push-buttons are using stainless covers. We used the plastic ones only for testing different locations. The primaries will use the large Harkens, while the other winches are using smaller, and more discreet back-lit stainless push buttons.

austin1972

Super Anarchist
It is a vent hood Tuckster. It vents out the center cockpit coaming. There is also a large hatch right above the galley. There are large opening ports in the cabin trunk and in the center cockpit well. We have got the ventilation issued covered.
I think it was talking about the cutouts at the bottom of the galley cabinets.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
You are right Austin. That is a vent detail that PSC came up with and it is repeated throughout the boat. Quite nice but I can't take any credit for it.

70:

That's the refer. It's quite large.

py26129

Super Anarchist
Montreal
Seeing this beautiful boat come together is a real treat. The amount of thought, form the designer, the builder and the client, that goes into the smallest details is amazing and eloquently illustrates the difference between building a custom boat and picking one off the shelf from a production builder or Yachtworld.

Thank you for sharing and please keep it coming.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Thanks Py.

If you have forgotten the layout here is one that is almost current. My nice, deep, practical, comfortable, good looking and nap friendly starboard salon settee has now been replaced by silly built in chairs, oh the horror!

Rather wish they had put the galley sink where I had drawn it. But I suspect the owner had it put where he wanted it. ( Bob, Bob, Bob,,,,it's not your boat!")

If you have not been to my web site lately you might take another look. TomL has made some very nice additions. He has worked his ass off to make my web site grand. He's good. Persnickety but good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Yep, those are "Streisand chairs".

Some day I'll tell the story behind that name.

Dan33

Super Anarchist
No nap station should ever be taken out of service...naps are very much a part of my happiest sailing experiences.

When I finally strike it rich and order my tailored version of this beautiful boat, she gets lots of napping modifications!