CATARI comes along at Pacific Seacraft

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
kdh:

I could be wrong calling them "arm chairs" but that's what I am imagining given the mock ups and the discussion.

To my eye they don't belong on a boat. A settee/.berth is so much more versatile. I had a nice, deep settee there.

I do not want my boat to look like a house.

But, this is a custom boat.

WunHungLo

Super Anarchist
PNW
With multiple power sources and dual cycles, and devices consuming 12 TO 24 VDC, and 110 to 240VAC, It's a sophisticated electrical system and Gerry has done a great job designing it to keep it easy to operate. He's also developed his own "Electrical CAD" system to suit his needs, which will provide good electrical systems documentation to supplement the component documentation from various manufacturers.

Joli, there is a B&G AP remote in the center cockpit. In addition to B&G instrument displays in various places in Catari, the instruments, AP and ZEUS system will be remotely operable via WIFI and iPad app.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I think his name is Gary and he is something else. He does have his own custom cad system for drawing out his systems. This is Gary sitting into starboard of the aft companionway explaining the world of electrical systems to the crew.

Notice the smoke coming out of everyone's ears.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Nope, I was wrong. The systems guy is Gerry.

"I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me." Beck

Last edited by a moderator:

savoir

Super Anarchist
Bob, are the princess chairs the arrangement that's two chairs with a table between them? The owners of the boat before mine chose that instead of my transom berth. The table had a chessboard pattern on it.

It's not a salty look, but I guess the trade-off is between another usable berth and having more space to put down your drink.

The chairs do limit how one sits as well. Often people sit with their back in a corner and legs up on the berth.
That sounds like the two chairs you see on lots of HRs.
This kind of thing.

4042055_20131104023822205_1_XLARGE.jpg

Rantifarian

Rantifarian
Rasputin,

There is a program called link one that was used at my old engineering firm that sounds like it might be what you are after for the hyperlinked model renders. We used it for mining machinery, quite a bit of work involved but a very nice product at the end

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I knew his name was Greg all along. I was just humoring you WHL.

It was an "If you say so" moment.

kdh

Super Anarchist
Bob, are the princess chairs the arrangement that's two chairs with a table between them? The owners of the boat before mine chose that instead of my transom berth. The table had a chessboard pattern on it.

It's not a salty look, but I guess the trade-off is between another usable berth and having more space to put down your drink.

The chairs do limit how one sits as well. Often people sit with their back in a corner and legs up on the berth.
This kind of thing.

attachicon.gif
Here's the boat I was describing. Looks like that chessboard is removable. It also looks in the way to me.

MVC-006F_zpsc754bc46.jpg

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
kdh:

That is essentially the arrangement we will have in CATARI. The exact chair details are still being worked on with a furniture maker.

No, Mr. Lucky is not John Lee Hooker. Isn't he dead? I played bass with him when he was in Seattle for a concert. Probably the highlight of my musical career.

Here is a little something for your soul on a Sunday morning:

QBF

Super Anarchist
kdh:

That is essentially the arrangement we will have in CATARI. The exact chair details are still being worked on with a furniture maker.

No, Mr. Lucky is not John Lee Hooker. Isn't he dead? I played bass with him when he was in Seattle for a concert. Probably the highlight of my musical career.

Here is a little something for your soul on a Sunday morning:

This kind of thing.

attachicon.gif
Here's the boat I was describing. Looks like that chessboard is removable. It also looks in the way to me.

MVC-006F_zpsc754bc46.jpg
Looks like the board is set wrong, player's lower right square should be white.

Oh well, a bargaining chip if the boat comes to market.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Tuning is over rated.

But we can do Core 'ngrato like that too. But we'll tune the guitar first.