Cats between 30 -35 feet

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
On 9/11/2020 at 11:27 AM, ProaSailor said:

I don't recall that being a big deal at all.  The worst thing in this video is the old mast "pumping".  This is the Na Pali coast, north shore of Kauai.

What even happened to Malahini? 

Karlb

From recent experience, first  find out what you can actually buy. Work from that. It is easy to waste a year or more on boat that never actually gets built.

There is a Shuttleworth 31 on Yachtworld

Speng

Super Anarchist
Cincinnati, OH
From recent experience, first  find out what you can actually buy. Work from that. It is easy to waste a year or more on boat that never actually gets built.

There is a Shuttleworth 31 on Yachtworld
Seems like it's gone... it was the PackSail boat. I couldn't tell how well the interior was done. It was listed for a pretty good price.

Trovão

Super Anarchist
bora bora 36. made in brazil. designed by roberto mesquita de barros a.k.a. cabinho

Cat Bora Bora 36 05.jpeg

Cat Bora Bora 36 04.jpeg

Cat Bora Bora 36 03.jpeg

View attachment Cat_Bora_Bora_36.mp4

Cat Bora Bora 36 02.jpeg

Cat Bora Bora 36 01.jpeg

darth reapius

Super Anarchist
Straya
Who's making small cruising cats? If you had some cash burning a hole in your pocket and wanted something to do some coastal cruising what boats could you buy?
Asia Catamarans Stealth Cat clearly the top of the pack. Starts I think at 11 metres, so 36 feet, is in a league of it's own compared to similar sized machines.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Asia Catamarans Stealth Cat clearly the top of the pack. Starts I think at 11 metres, so 36 feet, is in a league of it's own compared to similar sized machines.
 I've been doing a lot of work (it is a used boat) on a Stealth 13. I would buy one for myself. LOTS of great design features. Quite light, (design & build) tho, so you need to respect that.

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Roberto's design is very nice looking. Clearly a guy who understands the importance of good ventilation too.

randii

Sacramento area
But this goes back to the problem of find a boat for sale you do not have to travel excessive distances to look at.  In any case I do think there are lots of cats capable of cruising in the 30-35 foot range.
Excessive distance? I went cross-country to look at boats because there weren't many west coast options in the larger-than-a-beachcat and capable of week ending aboard.

It made for a fun weekend of pursuit and visiting cats in Chesapeake Bay and on the St. Lawrence.

I do wish there were more choices in this space.