Chance 44` ketch

soerencarlsen

Denmark
Yep. This yacht has been left to rot until the owner became senile enough that his family was able to put it on the market.

This pig has had just enough lipstick smeared across its snout to hopefully appeal to potential owners who prize the number of bedrooms and bathrooms over everything else.
Does anyone know something about this boats present state or whereabouts?

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
My Britton Chance 44 "kohina" has unforetunenatly lost it's centerboard , been trying to find it without luck , is it so that someone has info as to the possiblety to locate another unit possible with the Hydraulic cylinder as well.
Thank you
Soren

This is from an SA thread 2 years ago. Perhaps there are design plans for your centerboard to be found here, if you need them that is. Good luck!! :giggle:

"The Chance family donated all his work to the Mystic Seaport Museum (Connecticut, USA). When I contacted the Librarian (Mindy) there a couple years ago they had not formally catalogued his work, so finding specific drawings for a design can take time. I was suggested to visit the museum, but seeing you are overseas that might be a challenge."

soerencarlsen

Denmark
This is from an SA thread 2 years ago. Perhaps there are design plans for your centerboard to be found here, if you need them that is. Good luck!! :giggle:

"The Chance family donated all his work to the Mystic Seaport Museum (Connecticut, USA). When I contacted the Librarian (Mindy) there a couple years ago they had not formally catalogued his work, so finding specific drawings for a design can take time. I was suggested to visit the museum, but seeing you are overseas that might be a challenge."
Thank you very much for this, will try to contact the museum and see what can be done.

soerencarlsen

Denmark

Hi Billy backstay
ope you read this , cause i want to thank you for guiding me to mystic seaport museum, I got hold of Mindy and I also got the drawings i needed sent to me, all thanks to you.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Hi Billy backstay
ope you read this , cause i want to thank you for guiding me to mystic seaport museum, I got hold of Mindy and I also got the drawings i needed sent to me, all thanks to you.

Hello Soren; so glad you were able to get the information you needed from Mystic Seaport Museum!! I have been to the Seaport itself, but don't think I have visited the museum yet, I gather it is a wonderful resource for some, yourself included! :giggle: