Cheap J29 (At Least to Buy...)

Schnappi

ooof. The last time the winning bid was 1k (plus 300). I wonder what happened to make them walk away. 

This time, they added some additional costs:

[SIZE=18.6667px]Mast Step Approx. 9x45 $440.00 est.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6667px]Loading $450 est.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6667px]storage for 5 months $2000[/SIZE]

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
ooof. The last time the winning bid was 1k (plus 300). I wonder what happened to make them walk away. 

This time, they added some additional costs:

[SIZE=18.6667px]Mast Step Approx. 9x45 $440.00 est.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6667px]Loading $450 est.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6667px]storage for 5 months $2000[/SIZE]
I'm not sure what that's about as it also says that the storage is paid through 6/2 so I guess they're saying in case you don't want to move it or can't.  

I bet it comes with the trailer.  They always say no trailer but most of the time it's part of the deal.  I've bought a boat from them, a Rhodes 19, and it had the trailer.

Schnappi

I'm not sure what that's about as it also says that the storage is paid through 6/2 so I guess they're saying in case you don't want to move it or can't.  

I bet it comes with the trailer.  They always say no trailer but most of the time it's part of the deal.  I've bought a boat from them, a Rhodes 19, and it had the trailer.
Yeah, boat angel listed  a J/24 a couple of months ago that that said it didn't have a road worthy trailer, but I figured out who the owner was and contacted them on the j/24 forum. It turned out that the trailer had new brakes, tires and an actual title. The trifecta of j/24 trailer necessities. 

Squalamax

Super Anarchist
Looks to be Cool Breeze, fractional J/29.  At one point, that boat was in pretty good shape and had good sails.
That's NOT Cool Breeze.  Cool Breeze is a darker tan/brown with a baltoplate bottom and no bootstrip. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's NOT Cool Breeze.  Cool Breeze is a darker tan/brown with a baltoplate bottom and no bootstrip. 
The boat in question is the old Thunder.  Sailed originally on Lake Ontario and then later on Lake Erie.  She was in terrible shape when she left lake Erie and I figured they scrapped her.  Its worth noting that the boat was originally an inboard if memory is correct. She looks a little better than what I recall. The picture of her name graphic was in an advertisement in the back of sailing world for a long time.  

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
from that ad: "Good condition: no wet core or soft spots anywhere"
Sport Wow GIF by UFC

BrightAyes

Who's gonna buy this one now the cat's outta the bag?