CHI-MAC Race Wx

brum

From "dangerously cold" to well above average: 

avgtemps-h_1992-2017.gif

avgtemps-m_1992-2017.gif

DryArmour

Super Anarchist
As per usual, the GFS and the ECMWF are in disagreement for the weather on lake Michigan next weekend. I will wait until the NAM chimes in to see if there is a better consensus. More later as the tea leaves arrange.

Passport111

Funny you say that because I too have been watching those 2 and the  PWG/PWE for a while now and they are rarely in agreement.  

I think some can be attributed to the lack of micro-climate consideration e.g. sea breeze.  However, with the lake warming I've noticed that effect diminishing so the forecast disagreements must also be larger scale differences in the algorithms.

stayoutofthemiddle

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Better hope this Pressure Map situation changes by Saturday! This is the Wednesday outlook. That big "H" in the sky is going to make Chi Mac worst than the current Port Huron one!

WX.png

sidmon

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Last edited by a moderator:

ropetrick

Super Anarchist
Well maybe but the things were like $13 bucks a throw, and may be th difference between some of us getting to race vs. not.     I'm getting inspected on Friday-- they already sent out t list of most common shortcomings....   so I'm grateful to have found them...
They were ready to fill the demand, that is smart. I didn't mean it to sound like they were gouging anyone.

Those flares are fuckin' expensive and worth every penny.

Latest posts