Chicago Area III

MidPack

Super Anarchist
undecided
And with two weeks left to enter, Chicago NOOD entries are up +19, +7 even if you discount J/111 NA's.

NOOD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishdriver

Super Anarchist
Chicago
A friend of mine was just given a Sunfish. It has everything EXCEPT a tiller/rudder combo, and a daggerboard. Any help would be much appreciated! PM me if you have any leads at all. (New ones are expensive as hell!).

ID

proOC

Anarchist
Love the Mexican fare at COLYC Colors Regatta.

Great fun,...and I guess Sailflow screwed the forecast...by a lot.

Gusts Sunday to 27 kts...

ro!

Super Anarchist
Bum fuck usa
Eight Bells for Captain (Sailor) Al. You were a hell of a stand up guy.

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry, this really has me upset. GO ahead a take me before my time, and all the other assholes out there, but why such a good guy like Al. Not fair, just not fair.

We had the 2004 Newport to Bermuda race bud, and I'll never forget you.
Sorry to hear this Timmy

Al was one of the first guys to welcome us to Chicago racing

Fair Winds..

proOC

Anarchist

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry, this really has me upset. GO ahead a take me before my time, and all the other assholes out there, but why such a good guy like Al. Not fair, just not fair.

All of us know what zest for Life Capt'n Al had...we will remember that. Always looked forward to class with him and Capt'n Fred...

Al embodied "Semper Paratus"...

MidPack

Super Anarchist
undecided
Chicago NOOD $3 drinks for Mt Gay and Sam Adams, sounds like a bargain?

Pre-purchase your tickets before Thursday's registration for $28 to get the reduced price. Your party ticket package include 9 tickets where 1 ticket gets you 1 drink.

MidPack

Super Anarchist
undecided
really too bad that Chicago's moment to shine was on a day with zero wind.
Sat was disappointing, but they did get in one race even if it didn't count. But Fri was awesome, and Sun was great too! Attendance was decent Fri and great Sat & Sun. I'd like to think Chicago did OK all in all...

Hopefully there will be more articles like this http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/international/ct-americas-cup-qualifying-navy-pier-spt-0613-20160612-story.html.

Yes it's partly obligatory spin, but good nonetheless...

The series now shifts to Portsmouth, England, for the next qualifying races. All of the skippers agreed they wouldn't mind coming back to Lake Michigan for more freshwater races.

"We'd be back here in a heartbeat," Team Japan skipper Dean Barker said. "It was unbelievable. The support for what we do, it's been great."

After positive reaction from the public and sailors, World Series event director Tod Reynolds said he will work to make that happen.

"Chicago is where the America's Cup belongs," Reynolds said. "We're ready, and when the America's Cup is ready, we'll work on bringing it back."

stayoutofthemiddle

Super Anarchist
Chicago

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry to hear this. I sailed with him in the 2002 Fort Lauderdale to Key West feeder race. Very positive soul.

sidmon

Super Anarchist
Chicago

And FUCK YOU CANCER!!

Sorry to hear this. I sailed with him in the 2002 Fort Lauderdale to Key West feeder race. Very positive soul.

Last time time I saw him was at the boat show, and then maybe a week or two later at Columbia. He didn't appear to be in a steep decline then.

Life comes at you...and leaves you...fast.

Fair Winds and Following Seas Captain.

You made a difference to the good in this World.

MainTrim

Anyone else notice that the NOR for the NOOD has the first Gun on Friday at 1055? Does anyone know if this is an error as the last 20 years have had us at 0955? The Rally is 0925 Saturday.

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith

MidPack

Super Anarchist
undecided
Anyone else notice that the NOR for the NOOD has the first Gun on Friday at 1055? Does anyone know if this is an error as the last 20 years have had us at 0955? The Rally is 0925 Saturday.

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith
I noticed. Wondered why the big discrepancy, but it makes getting it together in the AM easy...