Chicago Area III

ftbinc

Chciago
The SIs for the rally say 10:55. Much different than the NORs and past years

Anyone else notice that the NOR for the NOOD has the first Gun on Friday at 1055? Does anyone know if this is an error as the last 20 years have had us at 0955? The Rally is 0925 Saturday.

Kind of odd.

Thanks.

Keith
I noticed. Wondered why the big discrepancy, but it makes getting it together in the AM easy...

Grinder

Super Anarchist
Chicago, IL
Condolences to the WOOTON family and crew. Really stepped up our game sailing against them. He ran an impressive program. WOOTON will be missed.

Glenn McCarthy

Super Anarchist
Elmhurst, IL
Some of you knew my brother-in-law Marco Lucchinetti (each other's best man). He sailed on Sudpak, Esprit, Esta Es and other boats. He had a massive heart attack last evening and didn't survive it. Eight Bells for a super nice fun guy, who leaves his bride Rasa of 21 years. May the winds be behind you for eternity.

Services are in Morristown, TN on Wednesday. PM me for details.

Last edited by a moderator:

garyedelman

Anarchist
Glenn, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your entire family

as you all deal with this.

Best Regards,

Radical Move.

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois
Some of you knew my brother-in-law Marco Lucchinetti (each other's best man). He sailed on Sudpak, Esprit, Esta Es and other boats. He had a massive heart attack last evening and didn't survive it. Eight Bells for a super nice fun guy, who leaves his bride Rasa of 21 years. May the winds be behind you for eternity.

Very sorry for all Glenn

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois
Just saw another loss - John Nedeau Sr. passed away not long ago. The guy had done 65 Chicago-Mackinac races and more that 50 Bayview races. Truly a legend.

8 bells indeed. I first met him when he sailed on Sudpak.

Robin

Willsail4food

Anarchist
Chicago
This wouldn't be the area 3 thread if George and climey didn't come trolling through it every couple of years...
And imagine if I came with em?!?

Good to see things haven't changed much around here.

I'll be back home July 29th. One of you guys should get me a beercan ride on one of those big cool boats SOTM is talking about.

Latest posts