Chicago Mac 2022

Mike_Rutledge

I mean the 2nd place boat and the mid-fleet boat in that class were many hours apart... was there any luck or "good sailing" that produced that delta? Of course there was. Not sure what ropetrick is trying to imply.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
Th
I mean the 2nd place boat and the mid-fleet boat in that class were many hours apart... was there any luck or "good sailing" that produced that delta? Of course there was. Not sure what ropetrick is trying to imply.
There’s always a touch of luck involved. However, a well sailed boat with good weather routing tends to get “lucky.” I always like when a little guy wins.

Who got hurt?
Post #29 on page 2 starts the discussion of what is happening on Defiance, Windquest and Mockingbird.

Then a post of “…a broken arm and a missing thumb on two boats.”

And Great_Lakes_Racer cites “… crew [Defiance] member had a hand injury (unspecified) that required immediate medical attention…crewmember is at a prominent Chicago hospital and resting comfortably.”

Callahan

Anarchist
BYC and CYC Mack sites were around before Yacht Scoring. All three were quite different. just written by the same guy, so they looked the same to the end users. Luiz made Yacht Scoring because the Mack sites worked and people wanted something similar for more events.

We were able to capture what Luiz created and improve it for BYC Mack this year rather than try to re-invent what has worked for years.
We learned some things along the way that Luiz just took care of and never told anyone.... Next year will be better yet.
Thanks. Both sites are pretty good although the CYC site was more difficult to find information

pudge

Section 1 start on Damn Yankee
896D84F2-B2A5-493B-A058-5D97696A46C0.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1263.MOV
    4 MB

130lights

Super Anarchist
Lake Michigan
My brother was an Old Goat on both Lakes and passed two years ago. His wish was to be dumped during a Mac off his boat (survived by his son), he designated the Tou's but I believe some cremains made it to Gray's and the bridge (and some reserved for Huron and Erie). Pretty cool that God honored him last night with a fireworks display!
It’s been said that rain during a funeral is an indication of God crying for the deceased. More good karma for Earl. ⛈⛈

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Waiting to fly back home to Lala land. My first Chi-Mac. That was an awesome race. Not sure it could be repeated. Won our division on a boat none of us had ever sailed on before, except a couple of practice days before hand. Come to think of it most of us hadn’t sailed with each other before. Had fun times on the island and got to enjoy a different type of inshore racing.

You lot know how to host a race and throw a party!

As Mrs. Hitch said (she’s from Chi town), before we started, Respect the Lake.

29FCF06B-12B5-4054-8EFD-8D1A91794D8C.png

Latest posts