Chicago Mac - Spot what's wrong in this photo!

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
I would wager lots of classes are dealing with the tweener issue right now. 

To me that is a simpler struggle than the traditional tweener struggle, which is a pre adolescent child that is in between ding dong ditching and sneaking out in the middle of the night and taking your car.
I only have tweener issues when my bicycle seat is too high.

stayoutofthemiddle

Super Anarchist
Chicago
When is the middle man going to give us his "at least three fundamental sailing mistakes"?  Curious minds want to know.
Bit of a trick question, as I was initially surprised by the terrible crew weight distribution that is often seen on PHRF boats and closer resembles a church picnic than a race crew, until I realized they were headless and not racing... 

Still, I found 3 items in the photo beyond the Mount Gay hat sightings.

1. Horse Shoe Mounting (As identified by @Chris in Santa Cruz, CA)

2. They are heading south with the Chicago Skyline on their Starboard side which is clearly the wrong way to Mac Island (As identified by @coyotepup)

3. The crew on sitting on the dog house is already dressed for the Grand Hotel Lawn Party as he is sporting his "Nantucket Reds", not quick dry shorts!    

SA always makes any mundane thread entertaining...

Thanks for playing!

stayoutofthemiddle

Super Anarchist
Chicago
Those red hats aren't faded enough to be Mount Gay.   If they are MAGA then there's two sailing errors right there.  The third would be not having a hailing port on the transom.  Probably didn't want to embarrass their home town with the hats.

The horseshoe is in the "good luck" position, so that's cool.  
Good eye on the hailing port, didn't catch that one! If you are state registered you don't need one but I don't see state bow numbers so if it is USGC registered it is indeed missing the 3" tall hailing port. 

60 000 miles+  including 23 Hobarts & I've never worn a pair of sabots.  Deck shoes do dry once the stop getting wet.  1200(ish) miles on a TP I will admit kept them wet,  but so was everything else!

OK I'm not doing this in cold lake water,  but it can get a bit cool down the Tassie coast & my feet have never been my first concern about getting cold.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
60 000 miles+  including 23 Hobarts & I've never worn a pair of sabots.  Deck shoes do dry once the stop getting wet.  1200(ish) miles on a TP I will admit kept them wet,  but so was everything else!

OK I'm not doing this in cold lake water,  but it can get a bit cool down the Tassie coast & my feet have never been my first concern about getting cold.
Meh, It really is not that cold that time of the year, and no fucking salt....  

glexpress

Super Anarchist
Hill Valley

Eh, once the water isn't hard enough to play hockey on it's all good for swimming!  

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
Obviously a handicap event...
We were racing one-design in the Chi Mac for the last several years.  Code 0 is allowed as an extra 'spinnaker.'  Code 65 is not.  But, we do have one which we use for non-one-design racing, e.g., double-handed.

Warlock is a class boat.  Not much wrong with that picture IMHO.  They are all just cold-chilling before the race.

Hroth

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
We were racing one-design in the Chi Mac for the last several years.  Code 0 is allowed as an extra 'spinnaker.'  Code 65 is not.  But, we do have one which we use for non-one-design racing, e.g., double-handed.

Warlock is a class boat.  Not much wrong with that picture IMHO.  They are all just cold-chilling before the race.

Hroth
Its good you didn't come around sooner and harsh our silliness before it could get going.