Chris Welsh?

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
Just saw on FB that he passed away suddenly this morning.

WTH?  Didn't have any idea he was sick, or... anything.
I saw Trina's FB post as well. I can't believe he passed away that suddenly. We sailed many miles together first with Harmony & Harlequin for Barbara Colville. Then later when Chris bought Rags, we did a couple Transpacs and Cabo's together. I'm just shocked he's gone. Way too young.

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Thanks - looks like that person has blocked me. i know Chris was a Trumpy, so that likely explains the block.

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
Lightly edited, just because I'd like to think we could leave the politics to PA and focus on the sailor in SA. For once.

"Hello Chris's world. Today we lost a good man. He passed away very suddenly this am, without a moments notice. Probably because he would have been late. He was always late.

It's Tina. He was so smart, he accomplished more in a day than everyone around him ever did in a week. He fulfilled so many of his dreams, including getting his Citation type-rating (almost). He loved our dog Cooper almost as much as me. But his real first love was Ragtime. I always told him she came before me in the line up. He never disagreed, haha. I know he loved me and forever will. Please have a Kraken rum and diet coke. He was a special man. I love you Christopher, forever."

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid

Blues Rule
800px-Racing_Yacht_Ragtime_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg

stolen from winki :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragtime_(yacht)#/media/File:Racing_Yacht_Ragtime_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg

^^^  Love that picture, and that story.

Another great story, that Chris' mom loved to tell, was how he "swam to Catalina" doing laps along the dock at BYC - all 26 miles. Chris was not an athlete. He just did it, and didn't give up.

That was Chris.

Our families were close. I could write pages, but I don't feel like it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts