Christmas Regatta

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
So, 6 weeks until the first time these boats race. Naturally everyone will believe that their boat is sandbagging (though I have doubts on that) but everyone else will not be.

But, irrespective of that, what do you think the results will be? And what will you be looking for specifically?

I believe that this is likely to be higher winds than in March, will there be spills? Crashes on the start line?

Anything else

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Do we know the format?
It has not been posted yet but logically it will be Match Racing. 

As to ‘sandbagging,’ while the syndicates may hold back some developments for later in the game, the crews will surely race whatever their boats have at the time as hard as they can. Let’s hope speeds are reasonably close but it’s more likely at this early stage that 1 or 2 will be significantly advanced. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
2.3 Still has these dates for the Christmas Regatta:

45CCCB76-975C-406A-BA24-600B21A67505.jpeg
And, separate to the Christmas Regatta, ACWS payments are referred to here: 

D5389477-6485-472A-A51E-DE3C8A761F39.jpeg

Question: The Dec 17-20 event, is that the ACWS Auckland event or the Christmas Regatta, in terms of fees? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
Wonder what else Alessandra Pandarese is doing “on behalf of CoR” these days ...

NZL3481

NZL3481
Wonder what else Alessandra Pandarese is doing “on behalf of CoR” these days ...
Laundering money I suspect.

US$300k per competitor is a lot of money for one race. It seems GD & ETNZ have said no thanks...

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
It does seem pointed. Even if NZ did pay the money on time (just) as they claim, one wonders why they let it go to the wire for something so important. The only 2 reasons I can think of are incompetence or a shortage of money with which to pay it,. The latter seems more likely. It could also explain why they are late getting B2 on the water. 

Alternatively it could all be a deliberate ploy by NZ to not show their hand at the Christmas regatta. But if that were the case then why would they protesting so hard that they did pay in time.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
It does seem pointed. Even if NZ did pay the money on time (just) as they claim, one wonders why they let it go to the wire for something so important. The only 2 reasons I can think of are incompetence or a shortage of money with which to pay it,. The latter seems more likely. It could also explain why they are late getting B2 on the water. 

Alternatively it could all be a deliberate ploy by NZ to not show their hand at the Christmas regatta. But if that were the case then why would they protesting so hard that they did pay in time.
You sound like the turkeys who scoffed at ETNZ arriving 'late' to Bermuda.

I'm not sure how you've missed all the public announcements of a date, but B2 is on schedule.

If you think any of these teams don't have $300k on hand then that may explain some of your critique.

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Fair enough, then why did they leave it so close to the wire that there was even a chance that it would all get messed up?

Are you asserting incompetence?

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
I am naive but I still do not understand why ETNZ would want to race B2 early on, or against anyone but the winner of Prada Cup.  I had thought they would race B1 in Christmas if they wanted boat on boat practice but apparently B1 is defunct. 

Kate short for Bob

Super Anarchist
Going back to arbitration.  ETNZ arguing that they paid within 7 working days.  

Regardless won't go down too well if ETNZ isn't allowed in considering they have actually paid even if arguably a few days late.

Will the Italians start shipping in their own food now if arbitration keeps ETNZ out?

enigmatically2

Super Anarchist
Earth
Given that the AP decision said 5 days to appeal, and 7 to pay if not, then I think NZs interpretation is reasonable. Still think they were stupid pushing to the wire when there was no advantage though

RMac

Anarchist
I guess if you had to pick an area to be a bit of a mess in, the event registration is probably further down the list than, you know, sailing team or design team.  All said kinda weird that NZ has had so many public airings of issues this time around. 

Latest posts