Chubby Girl - Going to Hawaii

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!
Thats a faster design? Fark the first one must have been something to behold. I guess like a lot of fat chicks it might have a nice personality.
Well this was the first iteration - I can well imagine Mk2 being a lot faster - or to be more accurate, a lot less slow!

At-Hansen-Rigging-Dock-in-Alameda-getting-ready-for-mast-installation-.jpg

PB2207

Chicago
Thats a faster design? Fark the first one must have been something to behold. I guess like a lot of fat chicks it might have a nice personality.
Looking at his website the first one looks almost identical, but he made it out of plywood and a tiny keel. Seems it was way too top heavy and unable to even carry his weight without capsizing. From the looks of it some professionals stepped in to help him out on the second go around, probably out of pity and concern for his general health and well-being more than anything. Good luck to him, sitting in a bathtub in the middle of the pacific for weeks doesn't seem like a fun endeavor. 

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
He has already done way too much drifting in the midst of a busy shipping area. Looks like he has AIS, but how does he even get out of the way without wind?

krikkitman

You'd sorta hope that one advantage of having a tiny 9-ft boat is you wouldn't need the expense of a Travelift to launch/haul it. So that seems like a design brief fail right there.

Borax Johnson

Anarchist
You'd sorta hope that one advantage of having a tiny 9-ft boat is you wouldn't need the expense of a Travelift to launch/haul it. So that seems like a design brief fail right there.
Did you see the size of those TravelLift slings? They were certainly covering their bases.