Class is Cancelled

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Seems that that's a common sentiment, hating half of America, isnt it?  That's the part on all these discussions that *I* hate - it's ok to disagree, it's ok to think different approaches are better.  Its NOT OK, IMHO, to completely discount someone because they think differently.  If their behavior warrants such disconsideration?  Then play on. Pre-determining who's worthy of consideration by reason of politics is a shitty way to decide anything - some of the folks I've enjoyed most have also irritated me like nobody's business.   We would all be better off bein a little less quick to anger, and a little more considerate of the other folks we share the planet with. 

Please don't think im.picking AT you for this, your "half America" comment just set me off, and it's that idea, not you, that I oppose. 
I miss the Republican Party, too.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Seems that that's a common sentiment, hating half of America, isnt it?  That's the part on all these discussions that *I* hate - it's ok to disagree, it's ok to think different approaches are better.  Its NOT OK, IMHO, to completely discount someone because they think differently.  If their behavior warrants such disconsideration?  Then play on. Pre-determining who's worthy of consideration by reason of politics is a shitty way to decide anything - some of the folks I've enjoyed most have also irritated me like nobody's business.   We would all be better off bein a little less quick to anger, and a little more considerate of the other folks we share the planet with. 

Please don't think im.picking AT you for this, your "half America" comment just set me off, and it's that idea, not you, that I oppose. 
What do you think about a person who clearly lies, with regard to politics? Lies a LOT.  Not only that, but deliberately repeats falsehoods that have been pointed out to them, with cites etc etc, intending to damage those they see as adversaries?

At this point, I consider the whole Republican Party and the largest body of their voters as enemies of the US Constitution. Their politicians in office have proven again and again that they have NO regard for fact or for law, and none for the Constitution other than as lip-service. They're rather be Russian than revert to America as it was from 1776 to 2016 and possibly have to share power.

I don't think they (or you) hate "half America," I think they all hate liberals, and most hate minorities, and most hate other religions, and most hate the idea of freedom as it is actually applies (right entail responsibility, etc). With the help of Russia and 30 years of media pushing a toxic agenda, they've taken power and are destroying America. I hate that this is happening. I see no reason to be polite to those who gloat about it.

- DSK

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
Steamers, if ya really think that? I cant say anything that's gonna help. 
Chessy, as I've said before many times, I don't think you are one of the "new Republicans", one of the RINO-hating Trump-loving sort. You're a moderate and a conservative, and you've just yet to realize that you've more in common with Democrats than with Trump's party. Stuff like respect for political adversaries and a love of democracy. Your continued ambivalence is a marker of the country's mood; you'd prefer the set of choices he offers than the set you get from the left, and are still of the opinion that you can afford to choose sides. 

At some point, demographics, awakening, annoyance with incompetence will push enough voters left to make a difference. Today? Trump is still not losing outright, a circumstance which can be manipulated to be called #winning and MAGA through voter suppression, gerrymandering and disinformation campaigns maintained even during a pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator: