Classe 950 is in coma, what are the alternatives?

pironiero

Anarchist
I'm considering building a variant of the 950 class Scow Bow for myself, but it's in a coma and I'm wondering if there any alternatives to it?

Are there any classes I can fit my boat in? It seems to me that at the moment the only option in this size chart is the overpriced class 30 boats that are only bought in the store, is that true?

I understand that I am building a boat for myself and I am as interested in sailing as I am in building one, but participation in regattas would also be nice, and if there is any chance of gaining some advantage by adjusting my plans according to requirements - please tell

of course it should be no more than 10m and no less than 9m and ocean capable

Pelle

Anarchist
In reality racing a boat of that size will mainly be done under a rating system. For bigger events it is likely ORC in the Baltic and the Med or in western Europe IRC. One can, of course, take the position that I will build the boat that I want and rating be damned but in the end, at least for me, racing is not fun if you are not even remotely competitive so keeping one eye on what parameters the rating systems like is in my mind a necessary evil....

pironiero

Anarchist
In reality racing a boat of that size will mainly be done under a rating system. For bigger events it is likely ORC in the Baltic and the Med or in western Europe IRC. One can, of course, take the position that I will build the boat that I want and rating be damned but in the end, at least for me, racing is not fun if you are not even remotely competitive so keeping one eye on what parameters the rating systems like is in my mind a necessary evil....
so if i want to go as far away from russia0 i should look more at IRC ratings? can you give me any links where i can read about it? maybe books?

patrese

Black Maggy got a new bow section a few years ago to compete in Silverrudder up to 40 feet class..
She won 2021 in new record time so the vid is a little bit outdated.

Black Jack

Super Anarchist
I am kinda digging this designer lately. His new 32 is pretty sexy but this 950 checks a few boxes for me. Cold molded is plan sweet for a boat builder or someone who would like to build one on day.

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.29.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.29.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 1.32.14 PM.png

Last edited: