Clubswan 125

Has someone any news on the upcoming JK supermaxi from Nautor? It’s a long time I hear almost nothing about...

Any hypothesis on the possible name/owner? From the media seems to be someone with a long experience.

Actually I have just two possible candidates in my mind:

Highland fling XVI

Leopard IV (?!?)

1BD24A9C-97F3-49EA-AB32-6C698BA8A05A.jpeg

JL92S

Super Anarchist
UK
Irvine Laidlaw cancelled the Rolex Swan Cup this year with the Swan 115 and put the boat on the market, apparently he was fed up of the cost of trying to race a cruiser racer super yacht. With his recently launched Botin 56 and also his Spirit 52 Oui Fling i’d Be surprised if this was his. 

Is Mike Slade rich enough?

mad

Super Anarchist
Irvine Laidlaw cancelled the Rolex Swan Cup this year with the Swan 115 and put the boat on the market, apparently he was fed up of the cost of trying to race a cruiser racer super yacht. With his recently launched Botin 56 and also his Spirit 52 Oui Fling i’d Be surprised if this was his. 

Is Mike Slade rich enough?
I don’t think Mike Slade is up for playing in that league. 

Heard a rumour there were some structural issues as well with one of the big Swans.  :ph34r:

JL92S

Super Anarchist
UK
I don’t think Mike Slade is up for playing in that league. 

Heard a rumour there were some structural issues as well with one of the big Swans.  :ph34r:
Yeah the new 78 has delamination in various areas in its first regatta. Unfortunately they got t boned in the same event, fortunately they can fix it all at the same time :D  

Chimp too

Anarchist
Europe
The 115s All has issues and I believe the 125 has had several problems. They have brought in a number of outside consultants to try and fix the problems and get all back on track. I know Richard Gillies was involved in fixing the 115s and suspect he is up north getting cold with the team right now. If anyone can fix it he can.

mad

Super Anarchist
The 115s All has issues and I believe the 125 has had several problems. They have brought in a number of outside consultants to try and fix the problems and get all back on track. I know Richard Gillies was involved in fixing the 115s and suspect he is up north getting cold with the team right now. If anyone can fix it he can.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Make sense... the 125 launch was originally planned for spring 2019, while now on some build list seem to be postponed to 2020.

http://www.superyachtintelligence.com/superyachts/?superyachts=1&inline=&CURRENTNAME=&TYPE=SY&LOAM=&STATUS=&DELIVERYDATE=2019%2C2022&BUILDER=NAUTOR&COUNTRYOFBUILD=FINLAND#results

frozenhawaiian

Super Anarchist
Portland, Maine
I suspect that there is a ton of crew hiding below?

Swan 115 Video
actually probably not, looked like 4 crew. when I was working sailing yachts of similar size crews of 4-5 were the usual for cruising. captain, mate/engineer, one or 2 deck/stews and a chef. with hydrailic winches and furlers for everything and top down furler on the asym kite it's actually pretty doable. 

now of course if you were going racing you hire on a herd of pros 

Last edited by a moderator:
At least something is moving...

I’m not 100% convinced about one design approach on supermaxi world. I imagine that the owner would like to have something unique... Wally (benchmark for the category) with 100 foot class allow different designs and a complete boat customization.

But let’s see the first one in navigation before any judgement... hopefully should be on the water in spring timeframe 

JL92S

Super Anarchist
UK
17 hours ago, The Weatherman said:

At least something is moving...

From what i’ve heard this is very much a one off boat, of course swan will have the moulds and the North Group have conducted a ton of design on the whole rig and sail package so if anyone wanted one then they could go to Nautor Swan but it will be semi production at best I guess

JL92S

Super Anarchist
UK
I’ve heard Irvine Laidlaws name being thrown around but that’s nothing more than rumour

Last superyacht regatta was not that lucky for Mr Laidlaws. Highland Fling XV hit a reef during the first day... and if I recall well before the crash they were behind Baltic 130 My Song. Good reason to get new Hardware!